'It's Nice to Be Home': Michigan's Doug Roberts Returns as Treasurer
- Former Michigan Treasurer Returns to Post. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;03/29/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31107, p40
Announces the appointment of Doug Roberts as Michigan's treasurer and special policy adviser.
- State gambling czar is finalist for U.S. attorney. Dietderich, Andrew // Crain's Detroit Business;03/19/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p40
Reports the inclusion of state gambling regulator Nelson Westrin as finalist for the position of United States attorney for eastern Michigan.
- Press secretary appointed. // Crain's Detroit Business;3/11/96, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p35
Reports that June West has been named press secretary to Michigan's Wayne County Executive, Edward McNamara. Details on West's former job; Name of West's predecessor.
- Move of state workers into ex-GM HQ starts in August. Lane, Amy // Crain's Detroit Business;7/23/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 31, p7
Reports on the relocation of government employees in Michigan to General Motors Corp.'s former headquarters in Detroit. Number of state workers who will be relocated to the building; Government offices which will occupy the facility.
- Mich. Banking Commissioner Leaving for Greener Pastures. // American Banker;6/28/1999, Vol. 164 Issue 122, p4
Reports on the resignation of Patrick M. McQueen as Michigan Banking Commissioner in June 1999. Naming of Deputy Commissioner Gary K. Mielock as acting commissioner; Reasons for leaving.
- Departing Treasurer of Michigan Leaves Big Shoes To Fill. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;03/19/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31099, p35
Reports on the expected departure of Michigan Treasurer Mark Murray from state government in summer 2001. Murray's plan to step down to become president of Grand Valley State University; Financial stability of Michigan.
- Michigan treasurer Roberts to leave office after 26 years in government. Williamson, Tammy // Bond Buyer;11/09/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30517, p39
Announces the resignation of Douglas Roberts as Michigan Treasurer. Roberts' career history and achievements; Roberts' plan to pursue career in the private sector.
- Chamber files suit to stop petition funding. Snavely, Brent // Crain's Detroit Business;04/17/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 16, p26
Reports that the Citizens for Common Sense has filed a complaint against Michigan's secretary of state and attorney general. Efforts to thwart the Michigan Municipal League's petition drive to include a proposed constitutional amendment on the November 2000 elections; Stipulations of the...
- Superseding shallowness. // Michigan Citizen;8/12/2012, Vol. 34 Issue 40, pA1
The article reports on the ruling of the Michigan Supreme Court on the role of voters in continuing the services of emergency managers (EMs).