Laid-Off Merrill Lynch Bankers Viewed as Hot Commodity
- Merrill Freezes Salaries, Cuts Internationally. Lugo, Denise // Investment Dealers' Digest;12/10/2001, Vol. 67 Issue 46, pN.PAG
Reports that Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc. has blocked salary raises for its employees, to be re-evaluated in the middle of 2002. Percentage of consultants to be eliminated by the company in Japan; Name of the person appointed investment strategist for the U.S. by the company; Management changes...
- Merrill Cuts Back PublicFinance Unit. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;4/5/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31112, p1
Reports that U.S.-based finance company Merrill Lynch & Co. cut several staff members before shutting down its public finance banking units in the Middle West and Southern regions of the country. Reasons for the move; Reaction of financial market analysts to the company's move.
- Merrill layoffs won't affect local workers. Khasru, B.Z. // Westchester County Business Journal;10/19/98, Vol. 37 Issue 42, p19
Discloses plans of Merrill Lynch & Co. to terminate employees in various fields of operation. Expectations that termination will not affect Westchester County, New York and Fairfield County, Connecticut-based operations; Number of employees to be terminated; Reason for workforce reduction.
- Merrill Cuts 9,000 Jobs. Lystra, Tony // Investment Management Weekly;1/14/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 2, pN.PAG
Reports that financial services company Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc. will cut 9,000 jobs as of January 2002. Factors contributing to the possible move; Financial condition of the company.
- Merrill Adds Rooney to Boost General Midwest Muni Business. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;10/30/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31751, p6
Announces Merrill Lynch & Co.'s hiring Chicago, Illinois-based public finance banker Phillip Rooney. Qualifications; Previous position held.
- Merrill Rebuilds Health Care Group by Snaring Goldman, Lehman Bankers. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;10/3/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31484, p28
Reports the reorganization of the health care division of Merrill Lynch & Co. in Chicago. Illinois. Recruitment of bankers Kenneth Vallrugo, Joseph Hegner, Michele Vobach and Trish King; Career history of Vobach; Job responsibilities of King.
- JUNK: NO PLACE FOR SECOND TIER. O'Leary, Christopher; Appin, Richard; Burns, Mairin // Investment Dealers' Digest;11/11/2002, Vol. 68 Issue 43, p8
Discusses the downfall of high yield bond operations in the U.S. as of 2002. Retrenchment of junk-bond officials by Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc. and CIBC World Markets Inc.; Possible closure of Grantchester group by Dresdner Kleinwort Wasserstein; Reasons for the layoff of junk-bond strategist...
- Court: Don't expect access to past job records. // HR Specialist: New York Employment Law;Jan2012, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p1
The article discusses the issue on employee's past job records as a basis for dismissal involving employees at Merrill Lynch and Co. including Jennifer Vuona.
- Merrill Fires Five for Fund Improprieties. Chapelle, Tony // On Wall Street;Nov2000, Vol. 10 Issue 11, p25
Reports on the decision of Merrill Lynch company to terminate five brokers for violating company procedures while liquidating mutual funds. Information on the terminated brokers; Remarks from Merrill spokesman Joe Cohen; Details on the issue.