$1.5 Billion Metrorail Expansion May Involve Bond Financing
- Fairfax County, Va., Board Set to Vote on Dulles Rail Link. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;10/28/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31500, p4
Reports that Fairfax, Virginia-based County board of supervisors is scheduled to vote on October 28, 2002 to approve a plan of extending Washington D.C.-area Metro subway service to Dulles International Airport. Attempts of Fairfax commercial landowners to create new tax districts to provide...
- Budget Brouhaha. Schulz, John D. // Traffic World;2/11/2002, Vol. 266 Issue 6, p10
Reports the reduction in the proposed budget for federal-aid highway spending for fiscal year 2002 in Washington, D.C. Influence of the Revenue Aligned Budget Authority on the reduction of highway spending; Assessment on the validity of the on-highway fuel tax receipts model; Impact of the...
- Wasn't That Always There? // Washingtonian Magazine;Nov2013, Vol. 49 Issue 2, p64
Several photographs of Washington D.C. are presented, including the Metro underground rail station, the Mall, and the Watergate complex.
- Washington Report: Briefs. // Traffic World;11/23/98, Vol. 256 Issue 8, p11
Reports developments on the railroad industry in Washington D.C. as of November 1998. Selection of chairmen and members for the railroad industry; Opposition on the Highway Trust Fund budget process changes; Prediction on the resignation of the chairman and senior Democrat on the House Railroad...
- Purple Line to be a PPP project. // Railway Gazette International;Sep2013, Vol. 169 Issue 9, p16
The article reports that Purple Line orbital light rail route in Washington, D.C. will be the first public-private partnership in Maryland, which is a project that will connect New Carrollton in Prince George County and Bethesda in Montgomery County.
- meetings. // Railway Age;Oct2009, Vol. 210 Issue 10, p27
A calendar of events for the railway industry to be held from October to December 2009 is presented including the 16th Annual Passenger Trains on Freight Railroads Conference of "Railway Age" at Washington Marriott in Washington, D.C. from October 19 to 20, the Railroad Environmental Conference...
- Metro Reeling From Drop in Ridership. Ford, William J. // Washington Informer;10/15/2015, Vol. 51 Issue 1, p13
The article reveals that the Washington DC Metro released on October 8, 2015 a report on how its rail system has decreased since 2010 which may lead to an increase in fares in 2016. Topics covered include how the Metro report mentions five reasons for the limited number of commuters on its...
- United States : Parsons Participates in Opening of Silver Line in Virginia. // TendersInfo News;8/5/2014, p1
The article reports on a grand opening ceremony to begin Metrorail service on the Silver Line hosted by the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA) in 2014.
- Metro's $2.1-billion gamble. Ichniowski, Tom // ENR: Engineering News-Record;5/8/95, Vol. 234 Issue 18, p24
Focuses on Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority's (WMATA) plans for the construction of four rail segments almost simultaneously. Design and construction challenges of each segment; View on the necessity of a dispute board; Reduction of neighborhood impact in filling the Green Line...