Dr. Edwards' air conditioner: ROVAC update
- The refrigeration scroll compressor and its application. Hundy, G.F.; Kulkarni, S. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;05/05/97, Vol. 201 Issue 1, p3
Focuses on the air conditioning scroll compressor. Design for refrigeration; Low-temperature applications; Avoidance of physical contact of the scroll flanks; Variances in compression ratio requirements.
- AIR CONDITIONER COMPRESSOR OIL. // PS: Preventive Maintenance Monthly;Jun2010, Issue 691, p11
The article reports on the ruined MaxxPro MRAP air conditioning compressors.
- Troubleshooting Electrical Motor and Compressor Problems. Smith, Duane // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;6/19/2006, Vol. 228 Issue 8, p20
The article discusses several ways for troubleshooting of electrical motor and compressor problems of air conditioning units in the U.S. In order to check compressors for electrical problems it is important of remove electrical terminal cover and check external connections. Some simple...
- double efficiency, not size. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;4/30/2007, Vol. 230 Issue 18, p20
The article provides information related to an inverter compressor. John Miles, director of engineering and technical support for Samsung/Quietside, explains that an inverter compressor is an intelligent compressor, because it can alter the frequency of the motor to control the speed and...
- Air conditioning. Jones Jr., Malcolm // Newsweek;Winter97/98, Vol. 130 Issue 22, p42
Examines how air conditioning has affected lifestyle in the United States. Dr. John Gorrie's attempt in 1830s Florida, using suspended buckets of ice; Efforts on behalf of dying President James Garfield in 1881; Willis Carrier's 1902 Apparatus for Treating Air; Carrier's 1922 innovation; Movie...
- Air Conditioning Alternatives. // E THIS WEEK;7/22/2012, p9
The article provides an answer to a question on the invention of a cheaper alternative to air conditioning to keep rooms cool.
- COOLING SYSTEM: VARIABLE DISPLACEMENT A/C COMPRESSOR. Gordon, Jacques // Motor Age;Apr2005, Vol. 124 Issue 4, p54
Illustrates the mechanical functions of an automobile variable displacement air conditioner compressor. Description of a wobble plate and a swash plate compressor; Arrangement and functions of the automobile pistons in a wobble plate or a swash plate compressor; Role of a variable displacement...
- Recent Developments in Room Temperature Active Magnetic Regenerative Refrigeration. Engelbrecht, Kurt L.; Klein, Sanford A.; Nellis, Greg F.; Zimm, Carl B. // HVAC&R Research;Jul2007, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p525
Active magnetic regenerative refrigeration (AMRR) systems represent an environmentally attractive alternative to vapor compression systems that do not use a fluorocarbon working fluid. The AMRR concept has previously been demonstrated using superconducting solenoid magnets that are not practical...
- Reliability Analysis in Reciprocating Compressors for Refrigeration Systems. Bassetto, Izeds Felipe Facchini; de Souza, Gilberto Francisco Martha; Neto, Alberto Hernandez // HVAC&R Research;Jan2009, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p137
The most-used refrigeration system is the vapor-compression system. In this cycle, the compressor is the most complex and expensive component, especially the reciprocating semihermetic type, which is often used in food product conservation. This component is very sensitive to variations in its...