Dr. Edwards' air conditioner: ROVAC update
- The refrigeration scroll compressor and its application. Hundy, G.F.; Kulkarni, S. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;05/05/97, Vol. 201 Issue 1, p3
Focuses on the air conditioning scroll compressor. Design for refrigeration; Low-temperature applications; Avoidance of physical contact of the scroll flanks; Variances in compression ratio requirements.
- Oil-less compressors serve medical facility well. Schneider, Richard T. // Hydraulics & Pneumatics (1996);Dec98, Vol. 51 Issue 12, p6
Focuses on the efficiency of the three Champion Pneumatic oil-less air compressors installed at Mercy Medical Center in Dubuque, Iowa, in 1989. Average starts and stops during the nine years of service; Center's primary and secondary air systems; Multiple compressors; Redundancy and...
- Training is the key to performance. Ives, Martyn // ACR News: Air Conditioning & Refrigeration News;Jul2015, p10
The article reports on the need for air conditioning contractors to attend the technical training courses designed by air conditioning system manufacturers to keep them updated on the technological developments of air compressors.
- Experimental investigation on the steady-state performance and piston stroke length control of a variable displacement wobble plate compressor. Tian, Changqing; Dou, Chunpeng; Li, Xianting; Liao, Yunfei // Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers -- Part D;Feb2005, Vol. 219 Issue 2, p271
The aim of this paper is to find out the steady-state performance and piston-stroke-length control behaviour of a variable displacement wobble-plate compressor for an automotive air-conditioning system by experimental investigation. First, a new method and device to measure the piston stroke...
- Troubleshooting Electrical Motor and Compressor Problems. Smith, Duane // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;6/19/2006, Vol. 228 Issue 8, p20
The article discusses several ways for troubleshooting of electrical motor and compressor problems of air conditioning units in the U.S. In order to check compressors for electrical problems it is important of remove electrical terminal cover and check external connections. Some simple...
- double efficiency, not size. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;4/30/2007, Vol. 230 Issue 18, p20
The article provides information related to an inverter compressor. John Miles, director of engineering and technical support for Samsung/Quietside, explains that an inverter compressor is an intelligent compressor, because it can alter the frequency of the motor to control the speed and...
- Do's and Don'ts of Fall A/C Repair. Carley, Larry // Underhood Service;Oct2015, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p22
The article focuses on the maintenance and repair of an automobile's air condition (A/C) system, with topics including the common causes of A/C repairs, additional parts that need to be replaced when replacing a compressor, and preventing air conditioner odor.
- Energy Analysisof Split Air Conditioning System UsingVariable Speed Drive. Nasib, AffandiMohd; Nasution, Henry; Aziz, Azhar Abdul; Oktaviandri, Muchamad; Sumeru; Shodiya, Sulaimon // Applied Mechanics & Materials;2016, Vol. 819, p212
An air conditioning (AC) system design requires two main aspects that should be taken into consideration, there are reducing energy consumption and ensuring thermal comfort. This paper present variable speed drive on compressor motor is being tested to reduce the energy consumption. Conventional...
- Theoretical Study of a Novel Four-Chamber Rotary Compressor: Design and Thermodynamic Analysis. Alduqri, Yahya Ahmed; Musa, Md Nor // Applied Mechanics & Materials;2016, Vol. 819, p46
A novel four-chamber rotary compressor (FCRC) is being developed for a refrigerator and an air-conditioning system. The novelty lies in the usage of three rotating sleeves and two oppositely installed vanes each has one end fixed to an outer sleeve and the other end to a rotor, respectively. In...