Dr. Edwards' air conditioner: ROVAC update
- The refrigeration scroll compressor and its application. Hundy, G.F.; Kulkarni, S. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;05/05/97, Vol. 201 Issue 1, p3
Focuses on the air conditioning scroll compressor. Design for refrigeration; Low-temperature applications; Avoidance of physical contact of the scroll flanks; Variances in compression ratio requirements.
- Oil-less compressors serve medical facility well. Schneider, Richard T. // Hydraulics & Pneumatics (1996);Dec98, Vol. 51 Issue 12, p6
Focuses on the efficiency of the three Champion Pneumatic oil-less air compressors installed at Mercy Medical Center in Dubuque, Iowa, in 1989. Average starts and stops during the nine years of service; Center's primary and secondary air systems; Multiple compressors; Redundancy and...
- Training is the key to performance. Ives, Martyn // ACR News: Air Conditioning & Refrigeration News;Jul2015, p10
The article reports on the need for air conditioning contractors to attend the technical training courses designed by air conditioning system manufacturers to keep them updated on the technological developments of air compressors.
- Experimental investigation on the steady-state performance and piston stroke length control of a variable displacement wobble plate compressor. Tian, Changqing; Dou, Chunpeng; Li, Xianting; Liao, Yunfei // Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers -- Part D;Feb2005, Vol. 219 Issue 2, p271
The aim of this paper is to find out the steady-state performance and piston-stroke-length control behaviour of a variable displacement wobble-plate compressor for an automotive air-conditioning system by experimental investigation. First, a new method and device to measure the piston stroke...
- Troubleshooting Electrical Motor and Compressor Problems. Smith, Duane // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;6/19/2006, Vol. 228 Issue 8, p20
The article discusses several ways for troubleshooting of electrical motor and compressor problems of air conditioning units in the U.S. In order to check compressors for electrical problems it is important of remove electrical terminal cover and check external connections. Some simple...
- double efficiency, not size. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;4/30/2007, Vol. 230 Issue 18, p20
The article provides information related to an inverter compressor. John Miles, director of engineering and technical support for Samsung/Quietside, explains that an inverter compressor is an intelligent compressor, because it can alter the frequency of the motor to control the speed and...
- AIR CONDITIONER COMPRESSOR OIL. // PS: Preventive Maintenance Monthly;Jun2010, Issue 691, p11
The article reports on the ruined MaxxPro MRAP air conditioning compressors.
- Do's and Don'ts of Fall A/C Repair. Carley, Larry // Underhood Service;Oct2015, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p22
The article focuses on the maintenance and repair of an automobile's air condition (A/C) system, with topics including the common causes of A/C repairs, additional parts that need to be replaced when replacing a compressor, and preventing air conditioner odor.
- Air conditioning. Jones Jr., Malcolm // Newsweek;Winter97/98, Vol. 130 Issue 22, p42
Examines how air conditioning has affected lifestyle in the United States. Dr. John Gorrie's attempt in 1830s Florida, using suspended buckets of ice; Efforts on behalf of dying President James Garfield in 1881; Willis Carrier's 1902 Apparatus for Treating Air; Carrier's 1922 innovation; Movie...