Dr. Edwards' air conditioner: ROVAC update
- The refrigeration scroll compressor and its application. Hundy, G.F.; Kulkarni, S. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;05/05/97, Vol. 201 Issue 1, p3
Focuses on the air conditioning scroll compressor. Design for refrigeration; Low-temperature applications; Avoidance of physical contact of the scroll flanks; Variances in compression ratio requirements.
- AIR CONDITIONER COMPRESSOR OIL. // PS: Preventive Maintenance Monthly;Jun2010, Issue 691, p11
The article reports on the ruined MaxxPro MRAP air conditioning compressors.
- double efficiency, not size. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;4/30/2007, Vol. 230 Issue 18, p20
The article provides information related to an inverter compressor. John Miles, director of engineering and technical support for Samsung/Quietside, explains that an inverter compressor is an intelligent compressor, because it can alter the frequency of the motor to control the speed and...
- Troubleshooting Electrical Motor and Compressor Problems. Smith, Duane // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;6/19/2006, Vol. 228 Issue 8, p20
The article discusses several ways for troubleshooting of electrical motor and compressor problems of air conditioning units in the U.S. In order to check compressors for electrical problems it is important of remove electrical terminal cover and check external connections. Some simple...
- Experimental investigation on the steady-state performance and piston stroke length control of a variable displacement wobble plate compressor. Tian, Changqing; Dou, Chunpeng; Li, Xianting; Liao, Yunfei // Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers -- Part D;Feb2005, Vol. 219 Issue 2, p271
The aim of this paper is to find out the steady-state performance and piston-stroke-length control behaviour of a variable displacement wobble-plate compressor for an automotive air-conditioning system by experimental investigation. First, a new method and device to measure the piston stroke...
- Air conditioning. Jones Jr., Malcolm // Newsweek;Winter97/98, Vol. 130 Issue 22, p42
Examines how air conditioning has affected lifestyle in the United States. Dr. John Gorrie's attempt in 1830s Florida, using suspended buckets of ice; Efforts on behalf of dying President James Garfield in 1881; Willis Carrier's 1902 Apparatus for Treating Air; Carrier's 1922 innovation; Movie...
- Air Conditioning Alternatives. // E THIS WEEK;7/22/2012, p9
The article provides an answer to a question on the invention of a cheaper alternative to air conditioning to keep rooms cool.
- COOLING SYSTEM: VARIABLE DISPLACEMENT A/C COMPRESSOR. Gordon, Jacques // Motor Age;Apr2005, Vol. 124 Issue 4, p54
Illustrates the mechanical functions of an automobile variable displacement air conditioner compressor. Description of a wobble plate and a swash plate compressor; Arrangement and functions of the automobile pistons in a wobble plate or a swash plate compressor; Role of a variable displacement...
- Tech Challenge. Shaw, Dick // IE3;Jul2014, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p15
The article poses a technical challenge on the possible causes of the warm performance of a retrofitted split air conditioner from R-22 to R-438A (M099) using a TXV metering device. Noted is the 100% run time of the condensing unit. A field service check sheet showing the measured conditions of...