Warming up to Veggies
- Serving the Strict Vegan. Berkoff, Nancy // FoodService Director;4/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p37
The article discusses the importance of a wide selection of vegan offerings and incorporates local sustainable foods too a food service company. Vegans refrain from eating meat, fish, poultry, eggs, dairy, honey or refined sugar, in other words, no animals or animal byproducts. All vegans...
- A little taste of the future. Lawrey, Katherine // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;4/9/2010, Issue 2907, p53
The article features new menus and dishes offered by park owners which are part of their initiative of offering healthy and nutritious foods to health-conscious customers. Merlin Entertainments, owner of Thorpe Park, has offered jacket potatoes and salads to its main course and increased...
- The Omnivore's Dilemma. Kiernan, Willie // FoodService Director;7/15/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p30
The article looks at the U.S. vegetarian market. Data from the School Nutrition Association suggests that 64% of school nutrition programs have vegetarian offerings. Vegetarian consumption in schools is also discussed. Among the popular vegetarian products at the University in Bloomington are...
- How to rate a restaurant. Bourdain, Anthony // Best Life;Mar/Apr2005, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p95
Offers advice on rating a restaurant. Consideration of the restaurant preferences of consumers; Role of the attitude of waiters in the quality of a restaurant; Appreciation on small menus.
- Ready, Steady, Eat! Hayward, Tim // Hospitality Ireland;Mar2008, Issue 45, p30
The article discusses the trend of fast and efficient dining or "dine'n'dash eating solutions." It compares Victorian grand dining habits, characterized by nine course meals taken over long hours, with modern dining, characterized by cheap and streamlined menus with faster service. It suggests...
- PER ARDUA AD ASTRA. Nika Hazelton, Chilton // National Review;7/12/1985, Vol. 37 Issue 13, p59
Examines the food preferences of people in New York. Status of the restaurant industry in the state; Style of menus among restaurants in the area; Favorite dishes of New Yorkers; Factors affecting the area population's food preference.
- What's On the Menu for Your Meeting? Gupta, Varsha // njbiz;8/29/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 35, p19
Reports on the move by convention facilities in New Jersey to cater to the demand for healthy foods among conferees. Reason for the intensification of the demand for healthy foods; Menus offered to conferees; Lunch menu at the Palace at Somerset Park.
- Consumers' readiness to eat a plant-based diet. Lea, E. J.; Crawford, D.; Worsley, A. // European Journal of Clinical Nutrition;Mar2006, Vol. 60 Issue 3, p342
Objective:The aim of this study was to examine consumers' readiness to change to a plant-based diet.Design:Mail survey that included questions on readiness to change, eating habits and perceived benefits and barriers to the consumption of a plant-based diet.Setting:Victoria, Australia.Subjects:A...
- Change is in the airâ€¦. French, Roger; Berriman, Mark; Lembke, Loren // Natural Health & Vegetarian Life;Spring2008, p3
The author reflects on the changing attitudes regarding the perception of vegetarian diets among the general population. With the National Vegetarian Week starting this September 29 to October 5, 2008, it will compare the health, economic and environmental aspects of each diet. The author sees a...