Start Your Burners
- Delicious showdown in the park. Sabatini Jr., Frank // Gay & Lesbian Times;9/27/2007, Issue 1031, p46
The article offers information on the third annual Chef Showdown 2007 that will be held on October 4, 2007 at Balboa Park's Casa del Prado in San Diego, California. The proceeds from the event will be handed to the Center for Community Solutions (CCS) to assist more than 15,000 patients affected...
- Math's the star of these shows. // Curriculum Review;Mar2003, Vol. 42 Issue 7, p9
Focuses on a math contest held by the Dallas Independent School District at its closed-circuit cable network. Concept of the math contest; Strategy of the school district to encourage students to participate in the contest.
- Knox County youth vie for right to represent 4-H at State Roundup. // Munday Courier (TX);5/9/2007, Vol. 34 Issue 23, p6
The article reports that youth from the 24 counties of the Rolling Plains Extension District competed on May 2, 2007 for the representation of District 3 in the State 4-H Roundup to be held on June 5-8, 2007 at the College Station in Texas.
- Students complete in academic olympics. // Curriculum Review;Mar1990, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p10
Highlights the Los Angeles School District's 1990 Academic Petahtlon, a competition for testing students skills in English, history, math, science and literature. How the seventh- and eighth-grade students were tested individually in each of the subject, with each school competing with one another.
- Snap to it! Cullen, Jim // Free Press (Buda, TX);12/16/2009, Vol. 106 Issue 37, p3B
The article reports on the participation of five Hays Consolidated Independent School District (CISD) middle school on one of two first-round First Lego League championships in Central Texas.
- Dialing for Dollars. Fratt, Lisa // District Administration;Apr2003, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p11
Reports on the fundraising scheme of various school districts in the U.S. Organization of telethon for education; Solicitation of donations by the students; Establishment of gift registries to assist teachers to fill budget gaps.
- Greencastle (Pa.) Volleyball Tournament Raises $2,500 for Haiti. // Coaching Volleyball;Apr/May2010, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p6
The article reports that the Greencastle-Antrim School District in Greencastle, Pennsylvania has raised over 2,500 dollars in its volleyball tournament on February 24, 2010 for the earthquake victims in Haiti.
- Jefferson Parish schools take to the airwaves to raise cash. Bethel, Amber // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);1/13/2003, Vol. 23 Issue 29, p7
Announces the first Kids Count telethon to be held in January 2003 by the Jefferson Parish Public School District in Louisiana. Goal of raising more money for the school district; Local voters' rejection of a sales tax increase for the school district; Efforts to change the perception of public...
- WISD designates Tuesday, Nov. 18 as Grandparent Day. // Breckenridge American;11/15/2008, p5
The article reveals that Woodson Independent School District's (WISD) Class of 2010 has been selling raffle tickets in a bid to raise funds to support the prom.