Effects of Directional Exercise on Lingual Strength
- Lift Away Pain and Fatigue. // Prevention;Oct2001, Vol. 53 Issue 10, p80
Focuses on the experience of Temple Pearson, who used strength training to regain energy and reduce pain following a double mastectomy.
- Efficacy of exercise training in SCT patients-who benefits most? Wiskemann, J; Kuehl, R; Dreger, P; Schwerdtfeger, R; Huber, G; Ulrich, C M; Jaeger, D; Bohus, M // Bone Marrow Transplantation;Mar2014, Vol. 49 Issue 3, p443
Patients undergoing allo-HCT often experience a substantial loss in physical performance. We have recently published the general effectiveness of an exercise intervention in 105 allo-HCT patients on physical performance and psychosocial well-being. However, predictor variables for differentiated...
- A mixed exercise training programme is feasible and safe and may improve quality of life and muscle strength in multiple myeloma survivors. Groeneveldt, Lara; Mein, Gill; Garrod, Rachel; Jewell, Andrew P.; Van Someren, Ken; Stephens, Richard; D'Sa, Shirley P.; Yong, Kwee L. // BMC Cancer;2013, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p1
Background: Exercise programmes are beneficial for cancer patients however evidence is limited in patients with multiple myeloma (MM), a cancer that is characterised by osteolytic bone disease, giving rise to high levels of bone morbidity including fractures and bone pain. Methods: We conducted...
- Effect of Orofacial Myofunctional Exercise Using an Oral Rehabilitation Tool on Labial Closure Strength, Tongue Elevation Strength and Skin Elasticity. Ibrahim, Fatimah; Arifin, Nooranida; Rahim, Zubaidah H A // Journal of Physical Therapy Science;Jan2013, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p11
The article reports the effects of orofacial myofunctional exercise using an oral cavity rehabilitation device on physiological parameters. It discusses methods and non-parametric Wilcoxon test was conducted using (Statistical Product and Service Solutions) SPSS version 13. Results were drawn...
- THE EFFICACY OF A COMPREHENSIVE PELVIC FLOOR MUSCLE REHABILITATION PROGRAM OF STRESS URINARY INCONTINENCE IN WOMEN. Sangeetha, Jose Mary; Rao, Sheela // Indian Journal of Occupational Therapy;Jan-Apr2010, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p3
This study aimed to determine the efficacy of a Comprehensive Pelvic Floor Muscle Rehabilitation Program of Stress Urinary Incontinence in Women. 20 female subjects with Stress Urinary Incontinence were assigned randomly in Control and Experimental group (10 in each group). They were evaluated...
- Lingual Strengthening: Success in an Outpatient Setting. Meier, Ali // Perspectives on Swallowing & Swallowing Disorders (Dysphagia);Apr2015, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p71
No abstract available.
- Tongue Strength and Endurance: Relation to Highly Skilled Movements. Robin, Donald A.; Goel, Anuj; Somodi, Lori B.; Luschei, Erich S. // Journal of Speech & Hearing Research;Dec92, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p1239
Provides information on a study which examined tongue strength and endurance in subjects who have acquired high skill levels with their tongues and in subjects who use the tongue normally. Methods; Results; Discussions.
- Muscle-Strength and Gait-Speed Changes After Bicycle Exercise in Participants With Unilateral CVA. Perell, Karen L.; Gregor, Robert J.; Scremin, A.M. Erika // Journal of Aging & Physical Activity;Oct2001, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p386
Evaluates the effect of bicycle exercise on knee-muscle strength and gait-speed changes in participants with unilateral cerebrovascular accident. Use of fifty-foot tests for gait speed; Observation of the concentric muscle strength of the knee extensors; Implications of the exercise on...
- 0%. // Men's Health;Sep2015, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p24
The article reports on the percentage of measurable change in people's strength when they lifted weights while wearing kinesio tape.