Effects of Loud and Amplified Speech on Sentence and Word Intelligibility in Parkinson Disease
- Rate and Loudness Manipulations in Dysarthria: Acoustic and Perceptual Findings. Tjaden, Kris; Wilding, Gregory E. // Journal of Speech, Language & Hearing Research;Aug2004, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p766
Both rate reduction and increased loudness reportedly are associated with an increase in the size of the articulatory-acoustic working space and improved acoustic distinctiveness for speakers with dysarthria. Improved intelligibility also has been reported. Few studies have directly compared...
- At press time. // ASHA;Mar94, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p5
Reports on developments in the field of speech and hearing disorders in the United States for the month ended March 1994. Analysis on President Bill Clinton's proposed 1995 budget; Academy of Neurologic Communication Disorders and Sciences' implementation of a specialty certification program for...
- Speech and hearing facts. // South Asian Post;3/17/2011, p6
The article presents facts about the speech disorder and hearing disorder among million of Canadians in Canada.
- States Weigh Professional Issues. Moore, Marat // ASHA Leader;03/14/2000, Vol. 5 Issue 5, p1
Reports on the important issues in speech pathology being considered by state legislatures in the United States in 2000. Consideration of early hearing detection and intervention (EHDI) issue; Impact of the state legislatures' action on clinicians in the workplace; Legislation on newborn hearing...
- STATES AT A GLANCE: State Newborn Hearing Statutes. // ASHA Leader;03/14/2000, Vol. 5 Issue 5, p6
Presents news briefs related to speech pathology in the United States as of March 14, 2000. Physiological hearing screening for each birth admission in Arkansas; Colorado's goal of hearing screening for newborns; Maternity health benefits in Indiana.
- News in Brief. // ASHA Leader;11/18/2003, Vol. 8 Issue 21, p3
Presents news briefs relating to speech and hearing pathologies in the United States compiled as of November 18, 2003. Inclusion of grants to be shared by local education agencies to improve the language and pre-reading skills of young children; Study showing that teachers are more likely than...
- News in Brief. // ASHA Leader;3/4/2003, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p3
Presents news updates on speech-language-hearing pathology in the U.S. as of March 4, 2003. Audiologic function tests in skilled nursing facilities; Launching of the international Literacy Decade.
- More commands to remember. Kuster, Judith Maginnis // ASHA;Spring96, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p51
Presents discussion forums on hearing and speech disorders and issues hosted by computer listservs. Forum description; Computer access.
- From the ears of babes. Cano, Angele // Hub (Hay River, NT);5/9/2012, Vol. 40 Issue 11, p1
The article presents information on Speech and Hearing Awareness programme organized by the Hay River Elks Club in Hay River, Northwest Territories. The programme has donated fund to Public Health to purchase a device that can test the hearing of infants. It also informs that the HayRiver Elks...