OCCUPATIONAL EXPOSURES AND ABNORMAL PROSTATE CANCER SCREENING RESULTS IN BLACK AND WHITE MEN
- Prostate gland enlargement. // Mayo Clinic Health Letter;Jul1992, Vol. 10 Issue 7, p4
Focuses on benign prostatic hyperplasia, which may be the most common health problem in men past 60. Description of the prostate gland; Transurethral resection of the prostate; (TURP); Success rate of TURP; Concerns about surgery including poor bladder control and impotence; Other options...
- Other prostate disorders. // Nutrition Health Review: The Consumer's Medical Journal;1995, Issue 72, p7
Presents information on various diseases of the prostate. Similarities in prostate cancer and benign prostate hyperplasia (BPH) symptoms; Procedure for the transurethral resection of the prostate (TURP); Oral medications to relax prostate muscles.
- Prostate cancer. Brainum, Jerry // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Mar94, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p158
Reports on the etiology, symptoms, prevention and treatment of the three prostate troubles. Characteristics of the prostate in man's anatomy; Three categories of prostatitis; Options for the treatment of benign prostatic hypertrophy; Diagnosis of prostate cancer; Role of diet and exercise in...
- What benign prostatic hyperplasia means to you. // Patient Care;7/15/1993, Vol. 27 Issue 12, p37
Explains benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) in a question and answer format. Definition; Prostate gland; Age predilection; Symptoms; Treatment; Effect on sex drive; Connection between BPH and cancer.
- Woes of a fun-loving organ. Clausen, Christopher // New Leader;5/06/96, Vol. 79 Issue 2, p15
Discusses various diseases affecting the prostate gland. Reasons for the rising media coverage of prostate diseases; Drugs for benign prostatic hyperplasia; Limitations of medical knowledge on prostitits.
- Microwaves relieve prostates. // Executive Health's Good Health Report;May93, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p1
Reports on the finding that transurethral microwave thermotherapy of the prostate improves urine flow and other symptoms. Transurethral resection.
- A natural way to a healthy prostate. Herman, Phyllis // Health News & Review;1993, Vol. 3 Issue 2, Longevity: The New Fronti pC
Discusses the prevention of prostate problems. Nutrition; Use of saw palmetto berries as a natural remedy; Increased need for zinc, vitamin E and essential fatty acids.
- Prostate screening: The pros and cons. // Modern Medicine;Feb95, Vol. 63 Issue 2, p28
Presents opposing views on prostate-specific antigen (PSA) screening mortality. Absence of evidences that early detection improves prostate cancer outcome according to Dr. Steven Woolf; Decrease in the number of screening morbidity than surgical morbidity according to Dr. Marc Gernick.
- New second-generation PSA test differentiates prostatism from cancer more quickly than standard... // Modern Medicine;Jul96, Vol. 64 Issue 7, p31
Reports that a prostate-specific antigen II test differentiates benign prostatic hyperplasia from prostate cancer according to a research made by Jay D. Pearson and colleagues.