Lansing, Mich., School District Asks Voters to Approve Historic Bond Package
- In N.J., Longer School Bond Referendums Are Just the Beginning. Higginbotham, Stacey // Bond Buyer;09/18/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30977, p36
Focuses on implications of school bonding referendums for voters and schools in the central region district in New Jersey. Details on the referendum; Context of the Education Construction Facilities and Financing Act; Role of New Jersey Economic Development Authority in monitoring school...
- With Bonds on the Ballot, Washington Schools Learn Patience. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;01/26/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31065, p34
Focuses on the school construction bond referendum to be voted by the residents of Washington. School districts with debt measures included in the referendum; Supporters of the initiative; Optimism for the passage of the initiatives.
- Dallas School Officials Consider $1 Billion Bond Vote for 2002. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/29/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31253, p1
Reports on possible approval of multi-billion dollar debt for launching a school bond package with a referendum in Texas in 2002. Need of funds for refurbishment of school facilities; Number of repairs required in school campuses.
- Boone Schools Eye GO Vote. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;7/28/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33556, p7
The article reports that the Boone County Schools in West Virginia is seeking to pass a bond referendum in relation to the 45.2 million dollars general obligation bonds to be sold by the Board of Education.
- Michigan voters give nod to half of ballot's school referendum issues. Ward, Andrew // Bond Buyer;06/16/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30663, p3
Reports on the results of school bond elections in Michigan, on June 14, 1999. Amount of bonds approved by voters; Number of bond referendums held; Plans of schools in using proceeds from the bond issues.
- Anchorage weighs its largest bond authorization for schools. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;02/12/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30578, p1
Reports that the Anchorage City Assembly is scheduled to decide whether to hold a referendum for the sale of school bond. Outline of the Anchorage school district's bond authorization plan for school construction; Plans to sell the bond through a negotiated process; Overview on several versions...
- Sacramento schools plan $195 million GO. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;05/19/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30644, p23
Focuses on the decision of the Sacramento City Unified School Board to forge ahead with a $195 million general obligation bond referendum. Expected approval by the voters; Reasons for the upbeat look.
- California Democrats undergo change of heart in bond bill. Marois, Michael M. // Bond Buyer;04/22/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30377, p1
Highlights the decision of California's top Democrats to support the proposed statewide referendum on a sale of up to 12 billion dollars of school bonds. Possible end to the deadlock that has stopped legislative approval of the referendum; Reasons for the Democrat's support to the proposal;...
- California choose $300 million in school bonds, rejects other measures. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;06/04/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30407, p44
Reports on California voters' approval of more than $300 million of school bond measures while rejecting various other debt proposals in a June 2, 1998 ballot. Number of votes drawn by some measures; Approval of bonds for the Buena Vista school district in Tulare County and the West Contra...