NYC Council: TSASC Bonds Too Costly
- N.Y.C. mails draft of tobacco-bond POS. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;10/13/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30746, p2
Reports on New York City's Office of Management and Budget's distribution to investors of a draft version of a preliminary official statement for the initial bond sale by the Tobacco Settlement Asset Securitization Corp., a local development corporate created by the city. Information contained...
- N.Y.C. unrolls tobacco bond plan. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;10/07/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30742, p1
Reports on the structure of Tobacco Settlement Asset Securitization Corp.'s bond financing in the United States. Education of municipal bond investors on the mechanics of a credit; Difference of the plans of New York City and Nassau County in New York.
- N.Y.C. picks dealers for tobacco ABS. Krueger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;03/08/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30593, p2
Announces the creation of the Tobacco Settlement Asset Securitization Co. in New York City, to sell bonds, backed by tobacco companies' payments, to finance the city's capital plan. Senior managing underwriters for the first issue; Terms of the budget plan.
- Raters split on tobacco. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;11/01/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30759, p1
Reports on the rating of the inaugural tobacco bonds issued by Ne York City's Tobacco Settlement Asset Securitization Corp. Structure of the bonds; Maturities.
- Regional wrap. Kruger, Daniel; McEntee, Christopher; Shields, Yvette; Sanders, Lisa; Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;10/11/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30744, p2A
Presents news items related to bonds and the securities industry in the United States as of October 11, 1999. Includes structure of the bond offering of the Tobacco Settlement Asset Securitization Corp.; Approval of the fiscal 2000-2001 budget in Wisconsin; Pension obligation bond offering of...
- TSASC to Refund $1.2 Billion. O'Brien, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/17/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32299, p1
The article reports on the advance refunding of Tobacco Settlement Asset Securitization Corp.'s outstanding tobacco bonds in New York City, New York. The bonds are designed to eliminate trapping requirements which ties up part of the payments the city receives under the 1998 Master Settlement...
- Stringer: N.Y. City Debt Up 228% Since 1990. Burton, Paul // Bondbuyer.com;12/8/2014, p19
The article presents the claim by New York City Comptroller Scott Stringer in his fiscal 2015 report on capital debt and obligations that the city's debt has risen by 228% since 1990. Among the city's outstanding general obligation (GO) debt are the capital lease obligations of the Transitional...
- N.Y.C. coins tobacco issuer. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;03/09/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30594, p1
Reports on the creation of the Tobacco Settlement Asset Securitization Corp. by the city of New York to securitize part of its share of the 46-state tobacco settlement. Value of the settlement; Details on the selection of underwriters of the deal; Announcement by New York City Mayor Rudolph...
- Yields Rise as Market Begins to Hum Again. Scarchilli, Michael // Investment Dealers' Digest;1/7/2011, Vol. 77 Issue 1, p9
The article reports on the rise of the weekly yield index of "The Bond Buyer" in light to moderate secondary trading as there is a slowdown of activities after a holiday lull in the U.S.