Muni Market Awaits Fate of Two New Bills
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;12/18/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 30139, p6
Presents a status report on tax and housing legislations in the United States as of December 18, 2000. Proposed private-activity bond volume cap increase; Proposed provision of tax credits designed to trigger the issuance of taxable bonds to build and renovate public schools; Proposed low...
- Bill would change scope of affordable-housing laws. Kitchenman, Andrew // njbiz;2/8/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p2
The article reports on the introduction of a bill that would rewrite the affordable housing laws in New Jersey.
- SB 48 may bring tax relief. Wright, Don A. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;1/25/2002, Issue 322882, p1
Reports the legislation of the SB 48 bill in California. Provisions of the bill; Benefits of the bill to homeowners and renters; Failure of the state to index the tax exemption of homeowners and the tax credit of renters.
- State considers abolishing affordable-housing council. Kitchenman, Andrew // njbiz;1/25/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p2
This article reveals that New Jersey's Legislature is considering a bill that would abolish the state Council on Affordable Housing and shift control over affordable housing to municipalities.
- Assembly passes Bing's legislation to ensure fair housing. // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;5/22/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 121, pB6
The article reports on the passage of two bills aimed at ensuring that disabled individuals have fair housing opportunities in New York.
- Spending Bill Deal Would Create 79,000 New Section 8 Vouchers. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;10/12/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 30994, p6
Reports that federal lawmakers have reached a compromise on a spending bill that will allow the creation of 79,000 new Section 8 rental-assistance vouchers. Provisions of the bill.
- Extension proposed for P.R. housing incentives. Vélez, Eva Lloréns // Caribbean Business;9/29/2011, Vol. 39 Issue 38, p8
The article focuses on the House Bill 3618 proposed by the Puerto Rico House of Representatives to amend Law 132 for extending the local housing incentives.
- Housing bill advances despite veto threat. Kitchenman, Andrew // njbiz;11/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 46, p2
The article reports on a bill passed by the New Jersey Assembly Housing and Local Government Committee on November 8, 2010 that would impose a 2.5 percent fee on new developments to fund affordable housing.
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;03/19/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31099, p4
Presents a status report on legislative bills affecting the municipal bond market in the United States as of March 19, 2001. Public School Construction Partnership Act; High-Speed Rail Investment Act of 2001; National Energy Security Act of 2001; America's Better Classroom Act.