TBMA Lobbys For Housing Bill
- WHO BENEFITS FROM MORTGAGE REVENUE BONDS? Benjamin, John D.; Sirmans, C.F. // National Tax Journal;Mar87, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p115
Focuses on the revenue bond financing capitalization process in the United States. Capitalization of the benefits into selling prices; Institutional arrangements for dispensing the funds; Benefits of tax-exempt mortgage revenue bonds.
- Maryland County to Tap Nearby RZFB Capacity. Temple-West, Patrick // Bond Buyer;11/22/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33420, p5
The article reports on the plan of the government of Washington County to squeeze the remaining bonds of the RZFBs, which are tax-exempt and similar to private-activity bonds after having decided to issue all of it its allocated recovery zone facility bonds.
- The Muni World Needs to Fight to Keep Tax-Exempt Bonds Tax-Exempt. Nicholas, Mike // Bond Buyer;12/6/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33427, p28
In this article the author discusses the use of tax-exempt bonds in the U.S.
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;02/16/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31079, p39
Reports developments related to market indicators in the United States. List of competitive and negotiated bond offerings; Municipal market data in short-term tax-exempt yields; Effectivity of state and local government series rates; Figures and structure of municipal bond index.
- California Market Reacts Calmly to $10 Billion Power Bond Announcement. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;03/12/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31094, p36
Reports on the reaction of California bond traders to state Treasurer Phil Angelides' announcement that the majority of the power purchase bonds set for sale beginning May 2001 will likely be tax-exempt. Total value of the power purchase bonds to be offered by the state government; Intended...
- D.C. Transit Agency Rated Highly for Upcoming Issue. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;10/6/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31734, p40
Reports on the rating for the tax-exempt refunding bonds issued by the Metropolitan Area Transit Authority in Washington D.C. Schedule for the competitive sale of the refunding bonds; Proceeds of the bond sale; Adviser of the transaction process.
- Regulators Join Debate Over Opinions. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;05/11/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31137, p1
Reports the debate over unqualified tax-exempt bond opinions by analysts and investors in Las Vegas, Nevada. Acceptance of unqualified opinions by the investors; Declaration on bond taxation; Evaluation of qualified opinions.
- EZ program adds 20 new communities. Resnick, Amy B.; Ward, Andrew // Bond Buyer;01/14/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30558, p1
Discusses the implications of the Clinton Administration's naming of 20 new empowerment zones in the issuance of tax-exempt bonds. Fewer restrictions regulating the zones; Estimated value of the bonds to be issued; Inclusion of the tax authorization for the bonds in the Taxpayer Relief Act of 1997.
- Munis Weaker, But Demand Stays Strong. Riggs, Taylor // Bond Buyer;3/5/2012, Vol. 379 Issue 33673, p2
The article reports the tax-exempt market will be getting the refunding bonds worth 1.5 billion dollars of Puerto Rico on the second week of March 2012 after getting 2 billion dollar worth of refunded bonds in California.