Ohio Teachers' Union Plans Lawsuit Over the Funding of Charter Schools
- Under new budget, charter schools cash in. Hoff, David J. // Education Week;10/30/96, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p22
Makes observations concerning financial issues concerning charter schools in the United States. Support of efforts to establish independent public schools built around a set of academic goals; Cash flow problems of charter schools; Increase in federal charter school program funding.
- Getting Better With Age: Charter Schools Seen Moving Up. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;6/22/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31166, p4
Reports on developments concerning charter school deals in the United States as of June 22, 2001. Advantage of charter schools in the marketplace; Greatest threat to a charter; Ways to make charter deals more acceptable.
- Growing pains. Schnaiberg, Lynn // Teacher Magazine;Mar96, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p10
Reports on the financial difficulties experienced by Valley Academy and other charter schools in the United States. Valley Academy's financial struggles; Problems with facilities and funding; Valley Academy's financial prospects for survival.
- Schools Set to Sample Bond-Related Innovations. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;6/22/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31166, p4
Reports on the United States Department of Education's plan to focus on bond-related innovative finance for charters schools. Department's plan to introduce a demonstration program for charter schools; Congress' plan to increase funding for the credit enhancement program in 2002.
- Pa. Auditor Calls for Moratorium on New Charters. // Education Week;10/13/2010, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p4
The article discusses efforts by Pennsylvania Auditor General Jack Wagner to put an end to the approval of charter schools in the state until the funding system for public schools can be reorganized.
- Both sides seek fix for charter funding. Davis, Andrea Muirragui // Indianapolis Business Journal;1/27/2003, Vol. 23 Issue 47, p10
Reports on the proposed bill, authored by Senator Teresa Lubbers (R-Ind.), which seeks to address funding issues that have arisen from the 2001 legislation authorizing charter schools. Provision of Senate Bill 50 that formalizes the practice of funding both charters and corporations; Lubbers'...
- Charter school X5. Wall, J. K. // Indianapolis Business Journal;10/22/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 34, p3
The article reports on the plan by the Charles A. Tindley Accelerated School in Indianapolis, Indiana to open five additional schools three years from 2012. It states that the plan comes after a surge of money from the Charter School Growth Fund. It says that the goal by the school's chief...
- Boston Foundation Backs Expansion of 'Pilot' Schools. Manzo, Kathleen Kennedy // Education Week;12/12/2007, Vol. 27 Issue 15, p4
The article focuses on the pilot school program in Boston, Massachusetts. The program has a fund provided by the management organization the Boston Foundation which other schools can use in order to pay for implementation of the pilot school program. The advantages of pilot schools, such as...
- Moody's First to Rate California Charter School; Gives School Ba1. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;08/09/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30950, p1
Reports on the ratings assigned by Moody's Investors Service to Orange County High School of the Arts (OCHSA) in Santa Ana as of July 31, 2000. Failure of the first charter school in California to make the grade; Success of OCHSA as a specialty pre-professional school in the Los Alamitos...