Dismissing Environmentalists, Tampa Bay Water Plans Sale
- Try this federal boondoggle on for size. Edwards, Chris // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;9/9/2011, p22
The article discusses the view of the author regarding the unused Yuma Desalting Plant in Arizona which cost 245 million U.S. dollars to build.
- U.S. plant would be only its third. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;8/05/96, Vol. 237 Issue 6, p20
Reports on plans to construct the third desalination plant in the United States. Long-range development plan of the West Coast Regional Water Supply Authority; Estimated cost of the project.
- London's desal ready. // WET News: Water & Effluent Treatment News;Jun2010, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p2
The article reports on the opening of the Thames Gateway Water Treatment Works, the first desalination plant in Great Britain, in June 2010.
- Britain's first mains supply from desalinated water: St. Mary's, Isles of Scilly. Cryer, Rick // Geography;Jul94, Vol. 79 Issue 344, p276
Highlights Great Britain's first plant for the supply of desalinated sea water to a mains water-supply network, on the island of St. Mary's in the Isles of Scilly. Reverse osmosis process; Features of the St. Mary's plant.
- Jebel Ali G supplements Dubai's power and water needs. // Modern Power Systems;Feb97, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p31
Describes the power and seawater desalination operations at the Jebel Ali G power plant in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Structure of the facility; Plant capabilities; Power plant design on gas turbines, supplementary firing, waste heat recovery boilers, auxiliary boilers and feedwater system;...
- Dams/desalination facilities. // Presidents & Prime Ministers;Mar/Apr98, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p34
Offers an overview on dams and desalination facilities in the Saudia Arabia. Details on the King Fahd Dam project; Importance of the dam; Number of dams as of April, 1998; Details on the desalination projects.
- Morocco. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;2/7/1997, Vol. 41 Issue 6, p21
Reports on the feasibility of a desalination plant that the Morocco government is considering putting up in Layoune. Negotiation with Office National de l'Eau Potable; Description of technology to be used; Patent application for technology.
- Kuwait. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;8/29/1997, Vol. 41 Issue 35, p29
Reports on Kuwait Ministry of Electricity and Water's issuance of invitations to international firms to prequalify for a project to expand capacity at a water desalination plant in Al-Zour. Deadline set for the submission of prequalification documents; Features of the plant.
- Oil fields require water injection. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;2/18/2011, Vol. 55 Issue 7, p7
The article reports on the importance for the international oil companies (IOCs) to work with the Iraqi government to build a giant a costly desalination facility in Iraq.