PGW's New Procedures Announced
- Thomas E. Knudsen. // American Gas;Apr2005, Vol. 87 Issue 3, p44
Profiles Thomas E. Knudsen, president and CEO of Philadelphia Gas Works (PGW). Career background prior to joining PGW; First job; Best advice ever received; Biggest challenge facing PGW; Greatest accomplishment; What he would say if he testified before Congress.
- Philadelphia Gas Works Prepares New $IOOM Issue. O'Brien, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/13/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32298, p6
The article reports on the plan of Philadelphia Gas Works to issue commercial paper notes that amounted to 100 million dollars in the bond market in the U.S. A letter of credit will be issued by various companies. Proceeds from commercial paper notes will be used to increase its gas inventory....
- UIL drops bid to buy Philadelphia Gas Works. // Energy Daily;12/8/2014, Issue 234, p6
The article details the decision of electric services company UIL Holdings to withdraw its bid to acquire Philadelphia Gas Works. Topics discussed include the political disputes between mayor Michael Nutter and members of the city council, the 1.9 billion dollar bid submitted by UIL Holdings to...
- Philadelphia Keeping Troubled Gas Works, for Now. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;11/21/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31518, p3
Reports on decision of Philadelphia Mayor John Street to not privatize the gas utility Philadelphia Gas Works. Problems faced by the gas utility company; Bonds to be issued by the company in December 2002; Outstanding debts of the gas utility.
- Philly gas seeks trade partners. // PHC Profit Report;Jan97, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p11
Reports that Philadelphia Gas Works held a vendor open house on December 11, 1996.
- Philadelphia utility skims service pacts. Mader, Robert P. // Contractor Magazine;Oct96, Vol. 43 Issue 10, p1
Announces the availability of cheap service contracts for gas furnaces and heaters, from the Philadelphia Gas Works under their Residential Parts & Labor Plan. Coverage of the plan; Period of promotion run; Guarantees offered to customers of the Residential Parts & Labor Plan; Number of...
- Warm Winters, Debt Burden Push Philadelphia Gas Works to Brink. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;2/21/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31329, p1
Reports on the burden of outstanding debt of the gas company Philadelphia Gas Works (PGW) in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, faced by its officials. Reason for the rising debt; Cause of borrowing funds from Public Utilities Commission by PGW in 2001; Comments of several U.S. rating agencies on the...
- Pennsylvania PUC Bails Out Philadelphia Gas Works With $36M Rate Hike. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;4/12/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31364, p34
Reports on the price-rate increase rate in Philadelphia Gas Works (PGW) granted by the Public Utility Commission (PUC). Worth of the extraordinary rate increase; Forecasts of PGW's liquidity position; Suggestions from the utility's financial advisor on the PUC action.
- Former Philadelphia Gas Works CFO Gets Six-to-25-Month Prison Sentence. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;5/28/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31395, p3
Reports the imprisonment of former chief financial officer Ramon Sharbutt of Philadelphia Gas Works in Pennsylvania. Involvement in financial scandal; Charges filed against Sharbutt; Influence in the decline of the credit ratings of the company.