Illinois Transport Chief Pushes For 3d Chicago-Area Airport
- Hailing a cab. Levin, Baron R. // Business Mexico;Apr1999, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p34
Highlights the growth of the air-taxi industry in Mexico. Number of airport taxi operators at the Toluca airport; Predictions on the continued growth of the industry; Barriers to the industry's growth; Rates of the service.
- No Airport for You. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;7/25/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31685, p31
Reports on the absence of negotiation from U.S. Transportation secretary Norman Y. Mineta in the planned sale of property at the discommissioned El Toro Marine Corps Air Station. Attempt by the city of Los Angeles, California to obtain it for use as an airport.
- "Open Skies" Policy. Hiroshi, Okabe // Economy, Culture & History Japan Spotlight Bimonthly;Sep/Oct2007, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p4
The article focuses on the proposal of the Asian Gateway Strategy Council to establish an open skies policy that will govern airlines in Japan. The proposal will allow airlines using Kansai International Airport (KIX) and Central Japan International Airport (Centrair) to increase their flights...
- Gary airport wants piece of Skyway. Hinz, Greg // Crain's Chicago Business;4/26/2004, Vol. 27 Issue 17, p1
The airport in Gary, Indiana, is maneuvering to buy rights to one of the city of Chicago's most prominent landmarks, the Chicago Skyway. The Gary/Chicago International Airport Authority has joined with an Australian toll road operator, a Canadian pension fund and a Wall Street financial giant in...
- Hot Air Blowing Around Lindbergh Field Plan Update. Stein, Greg // San Diego Business Journal;1/7/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p31
The author reflects on the Airport Master Plan Update Environmental Impact Report, a Lindbergh Field plan following the failure of Miramar Airport Initiative in San Diego County, California. He discussed his initial concerns of the plan, including the construction of a parking structure in...
- Flight Report: Best and Worst Airports. Wing Sze Tang // Travel & Leisure;Dec2007, Vol. 37 Issue 12, p47
The article focuses on best and worst airlines and airports. According to the article, one in four flights landed at least 15 minutes late in the first eight months of 2007. Doug Church of the National Air Traffic Controllers Association explains that overscheduling of busy airports is the...
- Back on TRACK. McWhirter, Alex // Business Traveller (UK/Europe Edition);Dec2009/Jan2010, p33
The article reports on the opening of the high-speed rail link HSL-Zuid line at Amsterdam Schiphol airport in the Netherlands in December 2009. It states that the high-speed rail link will reduce the travel time between Schiphol and Rotterdam. It mentions that the airport has also removed its...
- European airports break cargo records in 2011. // Air Cargo World;Feb2012, Vol. 102 Issue 1, p8
The article reports on the increase of 5.5% year-over-year in Liege Airport's 2011 cargo volumes in Belgium as of February 2012. It is noted that a double-digit increase in aircraft movements were also recorded in 2011 by the airport. It is mentioned that the airport handled 55,808 tonnes of...
- Waterloo International should go domestic, says Arup report. // Modern Railways;Nov2005, Vol. 62 Issue 686, p7
Reports on the potential retention of Waterloo International Terminal for rail services in the South Western areas in Ontario in 2007. Potential uses for the airport; Transfer of Eurostar services to St. Pancras.