Recession stresses mental health system
- Help A Depressed Teammate. // TeamWork;May2013, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p4
The article offers suggestions for helping a depressed teammate. It mentions certain symptoms determined by the CanaÂdian Mental Health Association which helps to understand that a teammate is suffering form depression or not which includes inability to make decisions and poor concentration....
- MIND YOUR HEALTH. Held, Vera // HR Professional;Jul/Aug2010, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p22
The article discusses the impact of employees' fractured state of mental health to employers in Canada. It states that mental health issues like depression and anxiety can have a significant impact on workplaces. The Mental Health Works of the Canadian Mental Health Association reveals that...
- Battling Workplace Myths, Stigmas and Stereotypes. HARDY, JOHN // Business in Calgary;Sep2013, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p81
The article reports on the increase of incidence of diagnosed and diagnosed workplace depression in Canada. According to the Canadian Mental Health Association, more than 500,000 Canadian miss work every day because of different mental health reasons, with the most common as clinical depression....
- The Wait-List Clinic at the Canadian Mental Health Association -- London Middlesex. // Psynopsis: Canada's Psychology Newspaper;Fall2012, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p21
The article offers information on the Wait-List Clinic, a project of the Canadian Mental Health Association in London Middlesex, Ontario which seeks to address the long wait times for adults in need of mental health services.
- Talking therapies pilots launched. // Community Care;5/18/2006, Issue 1623, p9
The article reports on the launch of the pilot projects for talking therapy, a mental health approach, in Great Britain in 2006. Newham and Doncaster in England will be the two demonstration sites for the project. The sites will test the theory that improved access to talking therapies can help...
- Have a Heart&heelip; for Mental Health. // Edmontonians;Summer2012, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p21
The article offers information on the fifth annual fundraising gala dinner organized by the Canadian Mental Health Association of Edmonton, Alberta and also presents several photographs related to it.
- DEPRESSION not a dirty word. Osfield, Stephanie // Cleo;May2006, p102
The article discusses issues concerning depression in Australia. Each year, one million Australians are diagnosed with depressive illness, most of which are between 18 and 45 years of age. Depression can be caused by a range of factors, such as the cumulative effects of living environment,...
- Defeat Depression. // Prevention India;Apr2012, p7
The article discusses the causes of depression and how it can be prevented. When occasional feelings of sadness persist beyond two weeks and interfere with the person's normal activities, it gets diagnosed as clinical depression. Depression includes several symptoms such as loss of interest in...
- Mental well-being focus of partnership. // ATA News;6/11/2013, Vol. 47 Issue 19, p5
The article reports on the partnership between the Alberta Teachers Association and the Canadian Mental Health Association to promote mental health and support students with mental health needs.