Canadian medical students want more nutrition instruction
- Allina is helping 'Backyard' neighbors to help themselves. AMENT, LUCY // AHA News;5/31/2010, Vol. 46 Issue 11, p4
The article offers a look on the "The Backyard Initiative" (BYI) implemented by Allina Hospitals & Clinic. Under its project "The Center for Healthcare Innovation," BYI aims to promote community involvement, disease prevention and management, access to health care and early childhood health and...
- Emergency food bags offer more than food. Starkey, Linda Jacobs; Lindhorst, Kathleen // Journal of Nutrition Education;May/Jun96, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p183
Describes the implementation of an interactive nutrition education workshop at a large, urban food assistance agency in Canada. Food procurement coordinators and volunteer food bag packers as the target audience; Objective of the workshop; Learning activities in the workshop.
- Introductory Editorial: The Merits of Measurement. Sims, Laura S. // Journal of Nutrition Education;Sep/Oct2001 Supplement, Vol. 33, pA6
This section introduces a series of articles on nutrition education.
- The meal deal. // Better Homes & Gardens;Apr2012, Vol. 90 Issue 4, p194
The article presents The Family Dinner Project online community that offers tips to promote family dinners which are proven to be good for children.
- Case-based Nutrition Teaching for Medical Students. Dayal, Ashlesha K.; Van Eerden, Peter; Gillespie, Linda; Katz, Nadine T.; Rucker, Lisa; Rosett, Judith Wylie // Journal of Nutrition Education & Behavior;May/Jun2008, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p191
The article discusses training given to medical students in a women's health clerkship which focused on ways in which doctors can help women of all ages in improving their nutrition. According to the article, the training revolved around weight rated issues which are faced by women in various...
- SCHOLASTIC CHOICES VOL. 27 NO. 3, NOV./DEC. 2011. Hugel, Bob // Scholastic Choices (Teacher's Edition);Nov/Dec2011, Vol. 27 Issue 3, pT1
No abstract available.
- Client Satisfaction with the Nutrition Education Component of the California WIC Program. Nestor, Brenda; McKenzie, Jeannie; Hasan, Natoiya; AbuSabha, Rayane; Achterberg, Cheryl // Journal of Nutrition Education;Mar/Apr2001, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p83
Examines client satisfaction with the nutrition education component of the California Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children (WIC). Importance of the nutrition education component in the WIC program; Relationship of ethnicity, age, and educational level to the...
- Development of nutrition education tool: healthy eating index in Thailand. Taechangam, Sunard; Pinitchun, Utumporn; Pachotikarn, Chanida // Asia Pacific Journal of Clinical Nutrition;2008 Supplement 1, Vol. 17, p365
A healthful diet can reduce major risk factors for chronic diseases. To assess the dietary status of Thais and monitor changes in food consumption patterns, the Healthy Eating Index for Thais (THEI) is developed, an important tool for meeting the nutrition goals and determining people's overall...
- EducaciÃ³n alimentaria en la infancia y la adolescencia: evaluaciÃ³n de las intervenciones educativas mantenidas en el tiempo. Sánchez García, A.; Campos Consuegra, O.; López-Garcia De la Serrana, H. // Nutricion Hospitalaria;dic2012 suplemento 3, Vol. 27, p33
No abstract available.