The Profit Snatchers
- Senators to Introduce Tax-Simplification Bill. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;10/10/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31738, p5
Reports on the introduction of a sales-tax simplification legislation bill by Senators Mike Enzi and Byron Dorgan in the U.S. Implication of the bill for the state and local tax revenues; Statement of Craig Shearman, vice president and state government relations counsel for the National Retail...
- THE FEDERAL TAX LEGISLATIVE PROCESS. Woodworth, Lawrence N. // National Tax Journal;Sep72, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p405
This article examines the federal tax legislative process in the U.S. At the legislative level, the staffs that are available to the tax-writing committees are first of all, the Ways and Means Committee staff itself and the Finance Committee staff. Both of these have extensive staffs but the...
- CIRCUIT-SPECIFIC APPLICATION OF THE INTERNAL REVENUE CODE: AN UNCONSTITUTIONAL TAX. Kinsler, Jeffrey S. // Denver University Law Review;2003, Vol. 81 Issue 1, p113
Submits that the U.S. Internal Revenue Service's non-uniform application of the tax law violates the Uniformity Clause of the U.S. Constitution. Analysis of the constitutional restrictions on the federal government's power to tax and the effect of the Sixteenth Amendment on those restrictions;...
- Finance Commission Proposes, the Union Disposes. Reddy, G. R. // Economic & Political Weekly;6/27/2015, Vol. 50 Issue 26/27, p27
The author discusses a proposal from the Fourteenth Finance Commission (FFC) to increase tax devolution to states and its impact on centrally-sponsored schemes (CSS) in India. The author examines the lack of increase in the fiscal space of states in the 2015-2016 Union Budget and the changes in...
- Reagan's Tax Plan Draws Fire on Deductibility Issue. Hertling, James // Education Week;6/5/1985, Vol. 4 Issue 37, p10
The article reports on the reaction of educators to proposals by President Ronald Reagan to eliminate the federal income-tax deduction for state and local taxes in the U.S. According to education officials, the move would pressure states and localities to cut their taxes and hamper the...
- Notice of Public Hearing on Tax Increase. // Munday Courier (TX);8/16/2006, Vol. 33 Issue 38, p5
A notice by Knox county Commissioners court for a public hearing on proposed tax increase is being presented which includes financial facts and figures of proposed budget and a comparison is being made with last year's budget .
- CUESTIÃ“N DE ALCANCE. // Revista Contable;jun2012, Issue 1, p7
No abstract available.
- Psst... Cheats beat tax heat. Harris, Shaun // Finance Week;11/16/2001, p10
Focuses on the medium-term budget policy statement by Finance Minister Trivor Manuel to ease the burden of individual tax payers in South Africa. Existence tax payment scandals; Closure of gap between marginal tax rate and company tax; Anticipation for non-compliance of the Income Tax Act;...
- IS THERE PARTNERSHIP BASIS AFTER DEATH? Kalish, Arthur; Schneider, Willys H. // Tax Lawyer;Fall81, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p143
Provides mechanisms by the federal tax laws on taxation of partners and partnership. Basis of the partnership interest; Death of partnership; Problems on ad hoc basis.