The Case for Bonds
- Restructuring High Yield Bonds: Getting Ready for the Next Phase of the Cycle. // Venulex Legal Summaries;2008 Q2, Special section p1
This article discusses high yield bonds as a source of financing for both corporations and leveraged acquisitions in the U.S. It expresses a concern over the impact of the economic slowdown on the performance of many issuers. It notes that refinancing options are severely limited in the debt...
- Fixed income: Fewer high-yield strategies among leaders belie a good 3rd quarter. Inklebarger, Timothy // Pensions & Investments;11/15/2010, Vol. 38 Issue 23, p17
The article presents information on income earned by high-yield bonds of various companies in the U.S. for the quarter and the year ended September 30, 2010. According to Morningstar Inc.'s separate account/collective investment trust database, high-yield bonds continued to lead the top...
- 'Historic' opportunities ahead. Lim, Justin // Money Management;9/25/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 36, p9
The article reports on the impact of the sudden and dramatic expansion into risk premiums accompanied by investors divesting from equities as the market downturn in Australia worsens. According to AXA Australia, the event has created numerous historic opportunities in corporate bonds and...
- A Renaissance For High Yield? Despite their turmoil in 2001, junk players surprisingly predict a big 2002. O'Leary, Christopher // Investment Dealers' Digest;12/3/2001, Vol. 67 Issue 45, pN.PAG
Reports on the recovery of U.S. junk bonds despite market recession in 2001. Market volume of junk bonds in the year 2001; Possible trend of the market share of the bonds in coming year; Impact of fall of Enron Corp. on the bonds.
- Evraz Pulls $650M Junk Bond Deal. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;10/18/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 42, p5
The article reports on the move of Evraz North America to withdraw its 650 million U.S. dollars junk bond deal due to serious risks.
- Inflows Continue for HY, Loan Funds. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;1/23/2012, p11
The article reports on the 1.35 billion U.S. dollars in funds that flowed to both junk bonds and leveraged loans for the week ended January 18, 2012 according to Lipper FMI.
- Windstream Prices $400M HY Deal. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;7/19/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 29, p35
The article reports on the 400 million dollars worth of junk bonds issued by Windstream in a drive-by offering.
- Vontobel Launches New HY Fund. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;6/18/2012, p1
The article offers information on the high yield corporate bond fund of the Vontobel Group, a Swiss private bank, which is launched to grab yield with lower risk than equity markets.
- New Bond Issuance Declined in February. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;3/18/2013, p13
The article reports on figures from credit rating agency Standard and Poor's, which shows that new corporate bond issuance, including high yield bonds, investment-grade bonds, and junk-rated bonds, declined in February 2013.