Power to the Pakistanis
- Aggregate and regional demand for electricity in Malaysia. Solaymani, Saeed; Najafi, Sayed Mohammad Bager; Kari, Fatimah; Nurulhuda Binti Mohd Satar // Journal of Energy in Southern Africa;Feb2015, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p46
The main objective of this paper is the analysis of electricity consumption in Malaysia as a whole and its three regions, namely, Peninsular Malaysia, Sabah and Sarawak. This analysis has been carried out using distinguished data in sectoral level for 44 quarters (2000Q1-2010Q4). For this...
- Preliminary Investigation of An Up-Scaled Gamma-Type Stirling Engine for Power Production. Hamid, M. F.; Yusof, Mohamad; Abdullah, M. K.; Zainal, Z. A.; Miskam, M. A. // Applied Mechanics & Materials;2015, Vol. 786, p220
This paper presents the development of Gamma-type Stirling engine for High Temperature Differential (HTD) and self-pressurized mode of operation. The engine is the upscaled version from the Low Temperature Differential (LTD) miniaturized gamma-type Stirling engine. The test engine is featured...
- The Effect of Fuel Type on Temperature Profile within Pilot-Scale Downdraft-Gasifier for the LPG Replacement in Electricity Production. Chaijunda, Pongdee; Kruehong, Chaiyaput; Thabuot, Mallika; Waisurasingha, Chattichai; Chindaprasirt, Prinya // Advanced Materials Research;2014, Issue 931-932, p1033
This research presents the effect of fuel type on temperature profile within the pyrolysis-, combustion- and reduction-zone of the pilot-scale downdraft gasifier, and the replacement potential of LPG with syngas for electricity production. The experimental results showed that gasification of...
- The Answer Is More Supply. Parker, David N. // American Gas;Jun2007, Vol. 89 Issue 5, p4
The article expresses the author's views on the issue of global warming as it is becoming an international concern nowadays. The author stresses that the global climate change affect the gas industry in profound ways. He adds that the industry should continue to be more efficient in the energy...
- Barriers to Thinking New about Energy. Nader, Laura // Industrial Physicist;Aug/Sep2002, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p24
Comments on the discussion of energy system barriers. Implication of anthropology on energy system; Inconsideration of human component in energy source planning; Relation of energy problem with social issues. INSET: Untitled, by Laura Nader..
- High-efficiency power conversion, IC integration enable new apps. Heyer, Patrick // Portable Design;Sep2003, Vol. 9 Issue 9, p23
Examines the challenges faced by power-system designers. How to conserve battery power and use it more efficiently; How to reduce the size of the power management solutions.
- Weekly output, 1-million kWh. // Electrical World;Jan1995, Vol. 209 Issue 1, p14
Presents a list collected by the Edison Electric Institute showing the weekly electric output among various regions in the United States.
- Weekly output, 1-million kWh. // Electrical World;Jun95, Vol. 209 Issue 6, p8
Presents a graph tabulating the weekly electric power output of the United States from January 1991 to April 25, 1995.
- Weekly output, 1-million kWh. Bretz, Elizabeth A. // Electrical World;Jul95, Vol. 209 Issue 7, p8
Presents graphical information on the weekly output of electricity from 1991 to 1995. Tabular information on the changes in the weekly output of the different regions in US in 1994.