Building A Beachhead
- BUSINESS ALERT. // Contract Journal;9/3/2003, Vol. 420 Issue 6442, p23
Provides information on several construction projects in Great Britain as of September 3, 2003. Theater renovation and redevelopment at Dumfries; Construction of a transport museum at Glasgow; Refurbishment of catering facilities at Westminster.
- Malaysia : MUHIBBAH lands offshore platform task. // TendersInfo News;8/13/2014, p1
The article reports on Muhibbah Engineering (M) Bhd's contract to fabricate and deploy a central processing platform on Vestigo Petroleum Sdn Bhd's Tembikai offshore oilfield in Malaysia.
- MARCH CONSTRUCTION DOWN 1 PERCENT. // Rental Equipment Register;Jun2003, Vol. 46 Issue 6, p35
Reports on the performance of the construction industry in March 2003. Decline in contracts; Annual rate of the industry; Drop in nonresidential and housing contracts.
- Va Tech Wabag - Muhibbah Engineering bags Rs 1500 crore order. // Dalal Street Investment Journal;1/8/2015, p1
The article reports that the Effluent Treatment Plant (ETP) project of Malaysia's national oil and gas company Petroliam Nasional Berhad or Petronas was awarded to the consortium of water treatment company Va Tech Wabag (VTWL) and construction firm Muhibbah Engineering Berhad (ME). Topics cited...
- Malaysia : MAYBANK INVESTMENT issues eight new European-style cash-settled call warrants. // TendersInfo News;8/21/2014, p1
The article informs that Maybank Investment Bank Bhd has announced of issuing eight new European-style cash-settled call warrants over the ordinary shares of several firms including Coastal Contracts Bhd, Muhibbah Engineering (M) Bhd, and Muhibbah Engineering (M) Bhd. It mentions energy firm...
- Structurally Deficient. Chase, Dan // BusinessWest;4/12/2010, Vol. 26 Issue 25, p32
The article focuses on the impact of the economy to the construction industry in the U.S for 2010. According to the backlog indicator of the Associated Builders and Contractors Inc., the amount of construction work under contract to be completed is at its worst level since the organization began...
- Model for determining the winners tender for work in construction. Gasilov, V. V.; Karpovich, M. A.; Dao Tung Bat // FES: Finance, Economy, Strategy;Apr2012, Vol. 53 Issue 4, p51
When choosing the winner of contests offered to carry out the changes forecast of financial and economic condition of its members. The aim offorecasting is to estimate a sustainable, profitable business enterprise for the entire period of the investment project. An economic-mathematical model to...
- Blew's wins $5.7 million project to modernize school in Yakima. Gustafson, Jeanne // Journal of Business (10756124);10/1/2009, Vol. 24 Issue 20, pB7
The article reports on the 5.7 million dollar contract won by Blew's Construction Inc. for school modernization project in Yakima County, Washington. The project will consist of improving the West Valley School District's former high school building including, the upgrade of the electrical,...
- When Less is Not More: Providing Subcontractors Early and Late Dates. Livengood, John C.; Cianfaglione, Rick Gaetano // AACE International Transactions;2009, pCDR.12.1
In a project delivery system, such as agency construction management (Agency CM), the construction manager develops the project schedule based on input from the multi-prime contractors, but the owner essentially "owns" the schedule. Under most Agency CM contracts, the coordinated schedule...