- Keynesian fallacy. Morris, Dick // Hill;2/4/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 14, p29
The article presents the author's insight on the idea of Keynesian theory in connection with the economic stimulus package proposed by President Barack Obama in the U.S.
- States Tap Stimulus Aid; Holdouts Remain. Robelen, Erik W. // Education Week;4/29/2009, Vol. 28 Issue 30, p16
No abstract available.
- President's Education Aims Aired. McNeil, Michele; Klein, Alyson // Education Week;3/4/2009, Vol. 28 Issue 23, p1
The article discusses U.S. president Barack Obama's emphasis on education in his policy agenda and congressional budget. The article describes Obama's intention to address educational accountability, reform initiatives, graduation rates, and workforce and college readiness through the 2010...
- Grand Theories: How Far Have We Come and Where Will We Go? Jadin, Jenna // BioScience;Apr2009, Vol. 59 Issue 4, p286
The article discusses U.S. President Barack Obama's desire to place an ecological and institutional focus on science and research and examines the provisions for these disciplines that were incorporated into the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009. The author asks if this can enable...
- Left-Handed Compliment. Chait, Jonathan // New Republic;10/7/2009, Vol. 240 Issue 18, p4
The article examines the potential for health care reform measures proposed by U.S. President Barack Obama to transform the American medical care system. The author posits that the outcome will likely be a set of reform measures that alter the system without achieving the ideal presented by U.S....
- Rise of the Smart Grid. Grunwald, Michael // Time;8/6/2012, Vol. 180 Issue 6, p22
The article discusses U.S. President Barack Obama's plan for a state-of-the-art electrical grid as of August 6, 2012, focusing on Obama's 2008 campaign promise for the development of a digital smart grid which would lower the possibility of a costly power outages. Obama's desire to use money...
- This Isn't Very Stimulating. Stone, Daniel // Newsweek;3/16/2009, Vol. 153 Issue 11, p16
The article discusses plans by U.S. President Barack Obama to have a logo created which will appear at the sites of all projects funded by the U.S. 2009 economic stimulus bill. The logo is being designed by Chicago, Illinois design firm Mode. The role played by logos in the public recognition of...
- RUNNING OUT OF GAS. Cockerham, Sean // State Legislatures;Jun2009, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p32
The article focuses on the challenges faced by Alaskan legislators on reducing spending and increase revenue due to declining oil prices. Governor Sarah Palin predicts that the state will face a revenue shortfall of over $1 billion in 2009 if the price of oil per barrel will not increase. Palin...
- THE IMAGES. // Newsweek (Pacific Edition);12/28/2009, Vol. 155/156 Issue 26/1, p13
The article provides multiple photographs of U.S. current events in 2009 including the U.S. Senate approval of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, the federal grand jury indictment of Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich, and the resignation of Sarah Palin as Alaska's governor.