Tags: COAL industry
- Kentucky's coal industry. // Economic Trends (07482922);Mar1998, p15
Reports on the performance of Kentucky's coal production industry. Kentucky's region specific coal production; Decline of Kentucky's state coal production; Competition from the US states of Wyoming and West Virginia; Consolidation of Kentucky's coal production industry.
- India a land of opportunity. Someday. Sanda, Arthur P. // Engineering & Mining Journal (00958948);Nov96, Vol. 197 Issue 11, following p84
Reports on the financial performance of India's coal industries. Estimated coal reserve; Use of surface mine method in the majority of coal produced; Quality of coals produced; Environmental problems caused by the use of high ash coals. INSET: Captive coal mines, planned or underway..
- Coal. Doerell, Peter E. // Engineering & Mining Journal (00958948);Mar1997, Vol. 198 Issue 3, p58WW
Presents an overview of the coal industry worldwide for 1997 using industry data from 1992 to early 1997. World production of coal; Stability of the industry in 1996; Expected decline in the volume of internal hard coal deliveries in the European Union (EU); Increase in American coal production.
- Stabilization measures for Russian coal industry dominate conference. G.F. // Engineering & Mining Journal (00958948);Jul98, Vol. 199 Issue 7, p32A
Reports on the problems of the Russian coal industry which dominated the All-Russia Congress of Workers of the Coal Industry held in Moscow in May 1998. Emergency situation in some regions; Comments from President Boris Yeltsin, Prime Minister Sergei Kiriyenko and Economics Minister Yakov...
- India. // Engineering & Mining Journal (00958948);Jul98, Vol. 199 Issue 7, p32B
Reports on the increase of coal production in India in 1996-1997. Contribution from Madhya Pradesh state; Data from the Indian Coal Ministry.
- United States. // Engineering & Mining Journal (00958948);Jul98, Vol. 199 Issue 7, p32C
Presents brief reports regarding the coal industry in the United States. Includes Cyprus Amax Minerals Co.'s sale of coal properties to AEI Holding Co.; Clean coal technology grants by the Ohio Coal Development Office; Lehman Merchant Banking Partners' acquisition of Peabody Group.
- China puts coal stock on the block. Leone, Marie // Electrical World;Mar1998, Vol. 212 Issue 3, p5
Focuses on the plans by China to sell stock in 10 to 15 of its strongest coal companies over a three year period. Information on the reform of the state-owned Chinese coal industry; Details on the positive results of the reform; What are the comments made in the `Business Weekly;' Information...
- King coal still reigns. Bell, John // Industry Week/IW;10/06/97, Vol. 246 Issue 18, p72
Asserts that coal, the most abundant fossil fuel in the United States, will be the key to future US competitiveness. Share of electric utilities in the country's economy; `Report on the Future of Coal in Electricity,' issued by Merrill Lynch & Co.; Effect of deregulation on the utilities.
- Section 6. Coal. // Monthly Energy Review;Apr97, p85
Presents charts about coal resources in the United States. Production, consumption, imports, exports and stocks; Consumption by end-use sector by thousand short tons; Coal stocks by thousand short tons.
- Section 6. Coal. // Monthly Energy Review;Jun97, p85
Presents statistical information representing the coal industry in the United States. Information on coal production; Electric utility coal consumption.