- Socializing WAVE SEASON. Young, Susan J. // Travel Agent;2/21/2011, Vol. 338 Issue 2, p28
The article offers tips on how to enhance the usage of social networking by travel agencies. It states that keeping the social networking content updated is important since it can help people acquire more value with regards to cruising. It says that social networking communications should be...
- The Social Media Generation. CASINO, KHIER // Travel Agent;11/19/2012, Vol. 341 Issue 4, p52
The article looks into the role of social media in the career of travel agents and the ways in which agents can use it for professional purposes. It explores the opportunities for growth and improvement in marketing destination recommendations and services using social media sites such as...
- TripAdvisor hits 75m. // Travel Daily;7/26/2012, p4
The article focuses on the announcement of TripAdvisor LLC regarding the 50% increase in the content submitted in the last 12 months which surpasses the 75 million reviews and opinions mark.
- Travel smarter. Moline, Julie // Entrepreneur;Jun2009, Vol. 37 Issue 6, p19
The article reviews several Web sites including the TripAdvisor, located at www.tripadvisor.com, from TripAdvisor LLC; Virtual Tourist, located at www.virtualtourist.com from Virtual Tourist; and Wikitravel, located at www.wikitravel.org, from Wikimedia Foundation Inc.
- Social Dilemma. // Travel Agent;10/12/2009, Vol. 335 Issue 8, p4
The article presents the dilemma of travel agents in using online social networks. It is stated that while almost everyone agrees that using social networking as a marketing tool is must, there are still some holdouts. It notes the statement of an agent who wrote on AgentNation, located in...
- BOOKING FLIGHTS IN EUROPE. // Conde Nast Traveler;Mar2008, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p68
The article reviews two web sites including Wegolo.com and Opodo.com.
- BOOKING FLIGHTS IN ASIA. // Conde Nast Traveler;Mar2008, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p68
The article reviews two web sites including Zuji.com and Vayama.com.
- EDITOR'S LETTER. // Travel Agent;7/21/2008, Vol. 333 Issue 2, p2
The article announces that the travel agent journal has revamped its Web site www.travelagentcentral.com, which is geared to better serve its readers with passion for traveling. It is noted that the revamp of the Web site, corresponds to an ever-changing society where most people turn to the...
- Welcome to the New TravelAgentCentral.com. Terrero, Ruthanne // Travel Agent;7/21/2008, Vol. 333 Issue 2, p10
The article offers information on the journal's Web site www.TravelAgentCentral.com. The Web site has a simple search and navigation, which allows one to navigate to all the site's content. Users can search by categories like destination, trip type, industry and supplier information. Stories...