- EDITOR'S LETTER. Walker, Christie // LabTalk;Sep2007, Vol. 35 Issue 158, p4
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one on optical laboratories in California and the introduction of "Spotlight On ...," a new department of the magazine which will feature different optical labs in the United States.
- Essilor Honors Top Varilux and Crizal Labs for Sales Performance. // Vision Monday;2/18/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p24
The article announces the awards presented by Essilor of America during its national sales meeting in January 2008 in New York, including Davis Vision as Varilux Lab of the Year, Continental Sales Corp. as Crizal Lab of the Year.
- Highmark's Vision: Synergies = Growth, Despite Economy. Ciccolella, Cathy // Vision Monday;11/10/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 13, p6
The article reports on the vision of Highmark's HVHC subsidiary for its new Davis Vision optical laboratory which was opened in Newtown Square, Pennsylvania. The optical laboratory is envisioned as an additional element in a vertical-integration strategy that will keep HVHC growing despite the...
- Davis Vision Lab Opens in Pa. // Vision Monday;11/10/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 13, p6
The article focuses on the opening of a new optical laboratory by Davis Vision in Newtown Square, Pennsylvania on October 22, 2008. A 10-year-old laboratory was replaced by the facility and is already processing 2,500 to 3,000 jobs per day. The opening of the facility was attended by Dave...
- WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUTï¿½ SURVIVING THE DIGITAL AGE: ARE WE DINOSAURS YET? Peterson, Gary // LabTalk;Jan/Feb2012, Vol. 40 Issue 02E, p30
The article discusses the digital free-form lens designs, a new wave in the optical industry which can open up opportunities for advanced products that might replace the traditional designs. Europe has 50% of its laboratories already into free-form while only a small number is reported in the...
- SPOTLIGHT ON…EYE CARE CENTERS OF AMERICA. // LabTalk;Sep/Oct2010, Vol. 38 Issue 19C, p36
Photographs from the laboratory of the Eye Care Center of America in San Antonio, Texas, including laboratory technician Letizia Raimondi, a view inside the chamber of a Satisloh coating machine, and the laboratory's bench room for final inspection of lenses are presented.
- Common Pitfalls & How to Avoid Them. Schneider, Steve // LabTalk;Mar2007, Vol. 35 Issue 155, p18
The article offers tips on how to avoid common pitfalls in managing optical laboratories. One of the common mistake the author observes is wrinkles in the tape and air bubbles. It is important to ensure that the surface tape is wrinkle free during the blocking process. It is also necessary to...
- The "Value Meal' Bundle. Walker, Christie // LabTalk;Mar/Apr2009, Vol. 37 Issue 6C, p16
The author discusses offering eye wear bundles. Optical laboratories offer bundling of products as a sure way to make second pair sales possible. One way is to make a "menu" with bundled products, with each bundle price lesser than the sum of the individual products. Other laboratories offer...
- TOUGHING IT OUT. KARP, ANDREW // Vision Monday;10/26/2009, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p037
The article discusses "Vision Monday's" 2009 Top Labs Report. The author believes that the lists are an indication of the resilience of the industry faced by an uphill market. Included in the report are Top 25 Independent U.S. Wholesale Labs and the Top 5 U.S. Supplier-Owned U.S. Wholesale Lab...