WHAT'S HOT THIS SUMMER: Advances In Polarized Sunlenses
- Clip-ons: Beyond sunglasses. de Gennaro, Arthur // Ophthalmology Times;3/15/2010, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p50
The article discusses the significance of clip-ons compared to sunglasses in the U.S. The author mentions that patients refuses to own sunglasses due to the cost associated with it. He adds that clip-ons are better alternative to sunglasses because it can be used for variety of tasks and less...
- Floating Aviators. Goins, Liesa // Men's Health;Jun2004, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p66
Features the floating-lens aviators from Calvin Klein. Design of the sunglasses; Benefit from the lenses.
- LABTECH. // LabTalk;Mar/Apr2010, Vol. 38 Issue 06C, p30
The article evaluates lenses, including the Visual Armor polarized lens from Younger Optics, the Varilux Physio Enhanced Lenses from Varilux USA and the Kodak Sun Lenses with NXT technology from Kodak.
- SUNWEAR, Sport Eyewear. // 20/20;May2014, Vol. 41 Issue 6, p96
The article focuses on sports eyewear and sunwear industry. It is reported that Transitions Optical Inc. has partnered with several brands to create adaptive sunwear for specific outdoor sports and activities. It is informed that wearing protective eyewear such as sport glasses can prevent 90...
- ORDERING RX WRAPAROUNDS. Karp, Andrew // 20/20;Mar2011 Supplement, p18
The article offers information on the two interrelated issues that dispensers must be aware of when ordering prescription wraparound sun lenses in U.S. It states the two concerns including the front base curve of the lens which should adjust to the wraparound frame design and the second which...
- Viewfinders are exposed. // TVB Europe;Dec2004, Vol. 13 Issue 12, p27
The article reports that a full colour, 24-bit HD viewfinder that includes a novel method of ensuring correct exposure has been developed by a small Scottish company, AccuScene. An alternative to using a viewfinder, particularly useful for dolly or crane operators who need to move about freely...
- GAME-WINNING LOGIC. Spina, James J. // 20/20;Jun2015, Vol. 42 Issue 7, p58
The article offers information on Rx ophthalmic frames in sport sunglasses brands which depicts heritage of the brand and tech details of the team collective and the attitude.
- Transitions Lenses. // 20/20;Mar2014, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p128
The article discusses the release of the range of lenses from Transitions including the Signature VII lenses, the XTRActlve lenses and the Vantage lenses.
- GLOBE TROTTERS. Micucci, Jackie // 20/20;Mar2010, Vol. 37 Issue 3, Special section p16
The article evaluates several sunglasses including Deauville from Lafont, Definity Fairway lenses from Transitions, and Vogue V026165 from Luxottica Group SpA.