Embattled N.J. Treasurer Resigns; Lawrance Retakes Reins
- Nominee for New Jersey Treasurer Comes Under Fire for Job History. Peacock, Wayne // Bond Buyer;03/27/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31105, p3
Reports on the New Jersey Senate Judiciary Committee's decision to postpone the scheduled confirmation proceedings for acting Treasurer Isabel Miranda. Plans of the committee to collect more information concerning the nature and details surrounding Miranda's departure from former employee...
- LEGISLATIVE PENSIONS. McNichol, Dunstan // IRE Journal;Jul/Aug2003, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p21
Presents an article on doing an investigative report on the pensions collected by New Jersey lawmakers upon retirement. Comparison of the legislators' pay while in office and the pensions they receive; Determination of a public employee's pension in the state; Scope of the report issued;...
- The $95,000 question. // Business News New Jersey;3/31/97, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p3
Focuses on the prospective salary of the executive director of the state of New Jersey's new account management system. Advertising of the job description.
- New Jersey. Demenchuk, Michael // Bond Buyer;07/28/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30196, p26
Reports on James A. DiEleuterio's oath taking as treasurer of New Jersey in July 1997. Career in government service; Educational background.
- New commissioner named in New Jersey. Lonkevich, Dan // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;8/31/98, Vol. 102 Issue 35, p4
Announces the nomination of Jaynee LaVecchia as New Jersey's acting commissioner of banking and insurance effective August 24, 1998. Career background; Tasks of the commissioner of banking and insurance.
- Accountability is top job for new Sandy czar. // njbiz;7/14/2014, Vol. 27 Issue 28, p11
The article features Marc Ferzan, dubbed the "Sandy czar" of New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie and his decided aversion to publicity given the high profile failures committed in Sandy's wake.
- New N.J. Governor Taps Hometown Pal McCormac for Treasurer. Braun, Martiz Z. // Bond Buyer;1/10/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31301, p29
Reports on the appointment of chief financial officer John E. McCormac as treasurer and guide of New Jersey by governor James E. McGreevey. Job responsibilities of McCormac; Projection of the governor regarding shortfall for fiscal year 2003; Career profile of McCormac.
- MY LAST MEAL WOULD INCLUDE:. // njbiz;6/3/2013, p12
The article presents remarks from New Jersey public and private executives such as Bill Dressel of the New Jersey League of Municipalities, Lieutenant Governor Kim Guadagno, and John Harmon of the African-American Chamber of Commerce of New Jersey on what their last meal would include.
- Urban Enterprise Zone Specialists. // Business News New Jersey;05/24/99, Vol. 12 Issue 21, p24
Presents information about New Jersey's urban enterprise zone specialists. Includes Joel Freiser, deputy executive director of Newark Economic Development Corp.; John Hanson, New Jersey Urban Enterprise Zone Authority; Stuart Koperweis, president of Jersey City Economic Development.