Oklahoma Senator Proposes Switching to Texas Tax Structure
- The Sales Tax Puzzle ï¿½ Has the law of demand been repealed? Izraeli, Oded; Kellman, Mitchell // Annals of Regional Science;Dec2003, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p681
TRA86 removed the deductibility of state and local sales taxes from U.S. personal income taxes. This effectively increased the price to state governments of sales tax revenue relative to income tax revenues. This implies that state reliance on income taxes relative to sales taxes should have...
- 'Common sense ain't so common' // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;07/03/2000, Issue 322637, p26
Editorial. Discusses the California State Legislature's search for ways to reduce taxes. Reduction of the state income tax rate to 0.55 percent; Proposal of a one-time sales tax rebate; Placement of the so-called `car tax' on an accelerated reduction schedule; Proposed adjustment of the...
- Letters. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);9/30/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 14, p28
Presents a letter to the editor of the business periodical 'New Orleans City Business,' reacting to a proposed income tax-sales tax swap plan in Louisiana. Benefits and drawbacks of the plan; Possible impact on Louisiana households.
- Evaluation of Local Nonproperty taxes For Rural and Urban Areas in Kansas. Orazem, Frank; Trostle, Ronald G. // American Journal of Agricultural Economics;Nov72 Part 1 of 2, Vol. 54 Issue 4, p635
Average per capita property tax base in Kansas is almost three times higher in rural areas than in urban areas, while per capita nonproperty tax bases (income and sales) are higher in urban areas. While local nonproperty taxes may not be panaceas for either rural or urban areas, their use has...
- State Government and Prosperity. Scarry, Donald M. // Business News New Jersey;04/12/99, Vol. 12 Issue 15, p14
Looks at what happened to the three important revenue streams in New Jersey. Gross income tax; Sales and use tax; Corporation business tax.
- ARIZONA: Tax Revenues Nose-Dive. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;8/5/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32933, p9
No abstract available.
- IS A SALES TAX A SOUND METHOD FOR RAISING GOVERNMENT REVENUES? PRO. Jones, George W. // Congressional Digest;Nov38, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p278
Focuses on the sales tax adopted in Canada. Imposition of the business profits tax as a result of the necessities of war; Comparison between sales tax and income tax; Difficulties in framing a taxation legislation.
- Taxes. Cummings, Parke // Saturday Evening Post;1/16/1943, Vol. 215 Issue 29, p30
The article presents information on taxes. Taxes have causes a lot of problems for people. There are taxes taken directly from one's income and there are taxes for day to day services and products. These day to day taxes include sur taxes, income taxes, sales taxes and withholding taxes....
- MBT 'Not Best Solution' For What's Ailing State. Hense, Paul A. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;7/30/2007, Vol. 25 Issue 32, p24
The author offers his opinion on the Michigan Business Tax. The author says that a federally calculated profit-based sales tax or income tax will remove the complexity in the taxation system. He wonders why banks and insurance companies are given special taxes. He tells that taxation is unfair...