Ambac Financial Registers to Issue Up to $550 Million
- Ambac May File Bankruptcy by Yearend. Muolo, Paul // American Banker;11/2/2010, Vol. 175 Issue 168, p7
The article reports that Ambac Financial Group Inc. might file for bankruptcy before the end of 2010 and the bond insurer's board voted not to pay the interest on senior notes due on November 11, 2010.
- Ambac Shares Up in First Trading Since CDO Announcement. Herman, Jack // Bond Buyer;11/21/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 33009, p7
The article outlines the performance of Ambac Financial Group Inc.'s shares in the securities market in the U.S. The company's shares increased by 65.76% to $1.26 in November 20, 2008 during its first trading on November 19, 2008. The company paid $1 billion to financial counterparts to commute...
- Ambac Announces $743M in Pre-Tax Losses; Derivatives Portfolio Blamed. Hanson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;10/12/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32732, p7
The article reports on the plan of Ambac Financial Group Inc. to file for a $743 million pre-tax unrealized loss in the third quarter of 2007 in the U.S. The company has been expecting to report a net loss per diluted share as high as $3.50 due to the loss, which was caused by its credit...
- Ambac Financial Reports Drops in 2d Quarter Income, Production. Hanson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;7/26/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32679, p6
The article reports on the performance of subprime mortgages in the U.S. in the second quarter of 2007. According to Ambac Financial Group Inc., the subprime mortgage fallout was visible in the quarterly earnings of its bond insurer, Ambac Insurance Corp., in July 25, 2007 as it reported a 27.5%...
- Ambac to Sell Stock, Options. Campbell, Dakin // Bond Buyer;3/6/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32830, p1
The article focuses on the $1.5 billion stock offering of Ambac Financial Group Inc.'s common stock and equity units in the U.S. The plan aims to improve its capital reserves and preserve the rating of its financial guarantor, Ambac Assurance Corp. The offering is expected to net the company $1...
- Ambac Restructuring Could Mean Bad News for Corporate-Held MBS. Anderson, Heather // Credit Union Times;4/7/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 14, p6
The article reports that Ambac Financial Group Inc., a monoline insurer subsidiary based in Wisconsin has restructured its residential mortgage-back securities (MBS) into a separate segregated account.
- Ambac Assurance At Risk. MCGEE, PATRICK; SEYMOUR, DAN // Bond Buyer;11/10/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33414, p1
The article reports on the move of Ambac Financial Group Inc. to seek bankruptcy protection to avoid the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) collection of three billion U.S. dollar termination fees. It states that the company missed a 5.9 million U.S. dollar debt interest payment and did not...
- The trading floor. Sherman, Lynn; Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;02/01/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30819, p28
Presents news items related to the securities industry in the United States as of February 1, 2000. Financial performance of Ambac Financial Group Inc. for the fourth quarter of 1999; Earnings per share of Financial Security Assurance in 1999; Merger of Blank Rome Comisky & McCauley and Tenzer...
- WRAP WATCH. // Asset Securitization Report;1/29/2007, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p34
Several charts are presented that list the priced securities of several financial institutions in the U.S. including Ambac Financial Group Inc., Financial Guaranty Insurance Co., and Financial Security Assurance Inc.