Chicago City Council Approves Soldier Field Renovation
- Denver Officials Decide to Bring Bond Referendum Petition to Court. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;05/04/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31132, p1
Reports on the expected approval by the Denver City Council of a resolution asking for a judicial determination from Denver District Court about a petition that would force a referendum on the city's financing plan for a convention center hotel. Presentation of the petition to the city by the...
- Dallas Sets $236M for AAA Water Works. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;7/5/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33543, p1
The article reports on the plan of the city council in Dallas, Texas to offer investors with 236 million worth of highly rated water and sewer bonds to reduce spending. It sates that the 30-year fixed-rate bonds can rise up to 170 million dollar to retire commercial paper and refund the existing...
- TEXAS: El Paso Interest Cap Lifted. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;8/6/2013, Vol. 385 Issue 33957, p9
The article informs that with market growth the city council of El Paso in Texas has raised the interest rate of the municipal bonds issued to build a ballpark in the region.
- TEXAS: El Paso Sets $468M GO Vote. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;5/29/2012, p7
The article reports on the approval of the City Council of El Paso, Texas to a revised project list to be funded with proceeds from a proposed general obligation (GO) bond package worth 468 million U.S. dollars.
- ARIZONA: The Bond Review Returns. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;7/10/2012, Vol. 381 Issue 33744, p9
The article offers information on the voting of the City Council of Scottsdale, Arizona for the reestablishment of citizens bond review panel in order to study proposals to be included in 2013 referendum and informs that the city's general obligation bonds are rated triple-A across the board.
- Atlanta OKs $1.4B, Mostly for Airport. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;7/8/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33145, p1
The article reports on the approval of the sale of $1.4 billion of new-money and refunding bonds by the Atlanta City Council in Atlanta, Georgia. The approval is aimed to help the completion of the city's new international terminal at Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport. It states that city...
- Pittsburgh councilman seeks to scuttle bond-backed fund. Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;12/29/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30797, p3
Focuses on the decision of the Pittsburgh City Council in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, to delay its deliberation on a loan fund financed by taxable bonds, established to improve the economy. Debate on the council's proposed budget; Advantage of eliminating the loan program.
- KENTUCKY: Louisville Eyes Library Deal. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;3/6/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32830, p9
The article reports that Louisiana officials has considered a law that could lead to $80 million bonds deal for the expansion of Louisville Free Library system in Kentucky. The work group of the Louisville Metro Council states that $100 million is needed for the project. According to Jim King,...
- Houston Officials Looking at $625M Bond Referendum for November. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/4/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32438, p4
The article reports that Houston, Texas officials are considering a plan to place a $625 million bond question on the November 2006 ballot. City Council members must approve ballot language by the end of August if the plan is to be included in November. City voters may also have the chance to...