Arkansas House Bill Could Bypass Governor's Plan for Tobacco Money
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;7/3/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32415, p33
A chart is presented that lists the status of legislation of interest to public finance in the U.S. including the proposed elimination of the use of tax-exempt bonds to finance sports stadiums for professional teams, and the repeal of two percent de minimus exemption for cost of borrowing to buy...
- House Overwhelmingly Approves D.C.'s Fiscal 2005 Spending Plan. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;7/21/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31930, p4
Reports on the U.S. House's approval of Washington, D.C.'s spending bill for the fiscal year beginning October 1, 2004, which authorizes the city to sell $400 million of general obligation bonds. Federal payment to the city under the bill; Components of the spending plan.
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;10/23/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32492, p31
A chart is presented depicting updates on the status of several bills and current and proposed law affecting the U.S. municipal bond market.
- PUBLIC FINANCE (STATE SECTOR MANAGEMENT) BILL. // Parliamentarian;2005, Vol. 86 Issue 2, p181
Focuses on the Public Finance (State Sector Management) Bill in New Zealand. Opinion of Trevor Mallard, Associate Minister of Finance, on the bill; Reason for the introduction of the legislation; Issues raised by John Key of National and Gordon Copeland of the United Future regarding the bill.
- Bulk of California's big bond bills survive legislative deadline. Figler, Andrea // Bond Buyer;06/11/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30660, p38
Reports on the status of various bond-related legislative bills in California, after the June 4, 1999, legislative deadline. Bills which failed and succeeded to pass a single chamber; Projects to be financed by the proposed bond offerings; Key provisions of the bills.
- Congress Gives Final Approval to HUD and EPA Budget Legislation. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;10/20/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31000, p5
Reports on the United States Congress' approval of legislation to provide new spending for housing programs and for water-related state revolving fund programs for the fiscal year that began October 1, 2000. Amount appropriated for the projects; U.S. President Bill Clinton's proposed Section 8...
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;6/25/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31167, p38
Presents a status report on legislative bills on taxation, and public finance in the United States as of June 25, 2001. Municipal Solid-Waste Flow Control Act; Municipal Utility Natural Gas Supply Act of 2001; Internet Tax Nondiscrimination Act.
- After Privacy Debate, Senate Panel OKs Bill to Cut SEC Fees, Raise Pay. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;07/14/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30932, p5
Reports on the United States Senate Banking Committee's approval of a bill that would reduce the fees that the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) collects for securities transactions. Office of Management and Budget's opposition against the bill's fee reduction provisions; Estimated fees...
- MUNICIPAL BOND AND STATE AND LOCAL FINANCE LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;07/14/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30932, p6
Reports on developments concerning legislative bills on municipal bonds, and state and local finance in the United States as of July 14, 2000. District of Colombia Management Restoration Act; Stop Tax-Exempt Arena Debt Issuance Act; Financial Services Act of 1999; Low-Income Housing Tax Credit...