S&P Revamps Criteria for Charter School Ratings
- VIRGINIA: Upgrade for Harrisonburg. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;9/28/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32476, p33
The article reports on the upgrade of the credit rating of Harrisonburg, Virginia's forty two million outstanding general obligation debt by the Standard & Poor's Corp. from A to A-plus. The change of rating reflects the city's diverse and growing employment base which is grounded by the James...
- Nash Health Care Systems, N.C., Downgraded to A-Minus by S&P. // Bondbuyer.com;2/4/2015, p23
The article reports on the lower credit ratings given by credit rating agency Standard & Poor's Rating Services on the 2012 bond series of the health company Nash Health Care Systems in the U.S. The topics discussed include the downgrading of Nash's bonds from A to A-, the attributing factors...
- Clinton Central School, Ind., 2010 Lowered to A by S&P. // Bond Buyer;11/18/2013, Vol. 122 Issue 34013, p1
The article informs that the credit-rating agency Standard & Poor's Ratings Services has lowered its school issuer credit rating (ICR) on Clinton Central 2009 School Building Corp., Indiana's series 2010 ad valorem property tax first mortgage refunding bonds by one notch to A from A-plus....
- New Jersey Qualified Bond Act Program Lowered to A-Minus by S&P. // Bond Buyer;9/12/2014, Vol. 1 Issue F335, p1
The article informs that the credit rating agency Standard & Poor's Ratings Services downgraded its rating on bonds secured by New Jersey's Qualified Bond Act program to A-minus from A and removed them the CreditWatch list. It also informs that the agency also lowered its rating on bonds secured...
- Perth Amboy BOE, N.J., 2009 COPs Raised to A by S&P. // Bond Buyer;11/18/2013, Vol. 122 Issue 34013, p1
The article informs that the credit-rating agency Standard & Poor's Ratings Services has raised its underlying rating on Perth Amboy Board of Education, New Jersey's series 2009 certificates of participation two notches to A from BBB-plus. Standard & Poor's credit analyst Apple Lo says that,...
- S&P's revised engagement agreements limit its liability. Sherman, Lynn; Figler, Andrea // Bond Buyer;10/07/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30742, p32
Reports that Standard & Poor's Corp. will send all bond issuers seeking credit ratings documents restricting the agency's liability and protecting its freedom of speech. Update of the engagement letter and the memorandum of agreement.
- Orange County, Fla., Gets Upgrade, While State's Tax Intake Improves. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;7/31/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31439, p34
Reports the upgrade in the rating of Orange County by the Standard & Poor's in Florida. Contribution on the sales tax revenues; Prominence on the debt service coverage; Amount of county sales tax revenue bonds.
- Kelso, Wash., Upgraded to AA-Minus by S&P. // Bondbuyer.com;2/27/2015, p19
The article reports the move by Standard & Poor's (S&P) Ratings Services as of February 2015 to upgrade the long-term rating of Kelso, Washington's 2008 general obligation bonds to AA-minus from A-plus.
- Bond downgrade delayed. Harrington, John // Crain's New York Business;5/29/95, Vol. 11 Issue 22, p50
Reports on the postponement of a possible downgrade in New York City's bonds by Standard & Poor's Corp. Personal pleas from several elected officials.
- Marion County Health, Ind., Downgraded to AA by S&P. // Bond Buyer;6/10/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34323, p19
The article reports on the downgrading of rating for Marion County Health in Indiana from AA-plus to AA by Standard and Poor's Rating Services citing that contiguous economy of the corporation with economies of Marion County and Indianapolis are not supporting the AA-plus rating.