W. Va. Pension Debt Awaiting Bond Counsel
- Latest Threat to West Virginia Pension Bond Sale: Rising Rates. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;5/23/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31392, p28
Reports the rise of interest rates of taxable pension bonds for the restoration of pension funds of the state in West Virginia. Details on the law for selling bonds; Prevention for the issuance of bonds to public officials; Approval of the proposed sale of bonds.
- West Virginia Lawmakers Delay $3.9B Bond Question for Lawsuit. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;6/12/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31406, p4
Reports the postponement of the scheduled resolution to authorize the pension bond sale in West Virginia. Legislative concentration on the lawsuit to test the constitutionality of the bonds; Approval of the proposed sale addressing the unfunded liability in state retirement plans; Committee...
- West Haven, Conn., Readies $67 Million Pension Bond Deal. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;8/29/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31460, p3
Reports the plan of West Haven to sell $67.3 million in insured taxable bonds in Connecticut. Importance of taxable bonds in police pension fund; Status of the municipal bond deals; Increase of the unfunded pension liability.
- San Diego County Builds Flexibility Into Pension Bond Deal. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;10/2/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31483, p4
Reports the pricing of pension-obligation bond deals, structured to provide maximum savings and flexibility for the government in San Francisco. Combination of auction-rate bonds and variable-rate bonds; Accounts on the structure of pension bonds; Marketing of Series A bonds to traditional...
- Limited duration ekes by. Williams, Fred // Pensions & Investments;8/19/1996, Vol. 24 Issue 17, pP2
Reports that limited-duration bond managers who kept maturities on the short end topped the 1996 second-quarter Pensions & Investments Performance Evaluation Report. Managers' confidence on the economy; Increase in the Salomon Broad Bond Index.
- Court Says No to Calif. POB Plan. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;7/5/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32664, p1
The article reports on the ruling of Sacramento, California 3rd District Court of Appeal concerning pension obligation bonds (POB) plan. The court ruled that California cannot issue POB to finance its annual contribution to the state employee retirement system unless voters approve. The court...
- Los Angeles bond offering likely to be dead. Hemmerick, Steve // Pensions & Investments;4/18/1994, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p23
Reports on the precariousness of the plan of the Los Angeles County to release the funds needed to settle its pension obligation bonds. Comments from Robert Hermann, a trustee on the Los Angeles County Employees' Retirement Association; County's accusal of pension trustees increasing retirement...
- Illinois Eying This Spring for First Part of $10B Taxable Sale. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;4/11/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31613, p3
Illinois could bring the first of three to four tranches of taxable general obligation pension bonds totaling as much as 10 billion dollar to market by late spring, with the remainder likely to sell over the course of the next fiscal year that begins July 1, 2003 state budget officials said this...
- West Virginia Lawmakers Pass Pension Bond Bill, Stop Tobacco Bond Plan. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;3/12/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31342, p32
Reports the passage of the pension bond bill in West Virginia. Rejection of the tobacco bond proposal; Repeal of the stipulation on bond issuance in the Pension Liability Redemption Act; Elimination of pension fund debt from the sale of the bonds.
- Dull markets blunt indexing growth. Schramm, Sabine // Pensions & Investments;2/6/1995, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p44
Reports on the performance of indexed assets managed by leading index fund managers in the six months ended December 1, 1994. Domestic fixed-income assets; Salomon Broad Bond Index; Domestic equity indexed assets; Return on the Morgan Stanley Capital International Europe, Australasia Far East...