Texas Governor's Garvee Proposal Wins Support From Senate
- Texas Debt Becomes an Issue in Governor's Race. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;8/18/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33168, p4
The article reports that bond debt is included as an issue in the governor's race in Texas. Republican senator Kay Bailey Hutchison officially launched her primary challenge to her Governor Rick Perry and revealed that she will be spending less, tax less and borrow less. She mentioned the toll...
- Border Talks Bear Fruit; Deal Signed. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;03/09/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31093, p1
Reports on the commitment of Texas Governor Rick Perry to use up to two billion dollars in bonds to help finance infrastructure improvements. Improvements of border counties; Structure of the bonds that will be issued.
- Texas Tech System to Swallow Angelo State, Debt and All. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;5/31/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32640, p3
The article reports on the decision of Angelo State University (ASU) to join Texas Tech University System, a move that could affect more than $100 million of outstanding bonds. Texas Governor Rick Perry has signed HB 3564, in which beginning September 2007 ASU will be part of the larger Texas...
- Texas Gov. Perry Set to Sign State's Legislative Toll-Road Compromise. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;5/16/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32630, p3
The article reports on a bill ready to sign by Texas Governor Rick Perry. The Governor is set to sign a new toll-road finance bill to fix large problems in previously passed measure that could have resulted in loss of federal highway funds. Both Senate Bill 792 and House Bill 1892 were...
- Rhetorical Guns Blazing in Lone Star State Road Wars. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/23/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32451, p36
The article reports that Texas Comptroller Carole Keeton Strayhorn has rolled out a plan that would eliminate sweeping transportation finance reforms made by Governor Rick Perry. Strayhorn opposes the use of toll financing to fund road projects. She said she would rely instead on current...
- Perry Blasts Texas Senate as Fears Persist on Highway Privatization. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;4/24/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32864, p3
The article reports that Texas Governor Rick Perry accused legislators of an abdication of responsibility on transportation funding. His accusation for legislators brought out as a state Senate committee continued to analyze toll issues halfway through a two-year moratorium on highway privatization.
- Toll-Road Battle Goes On in Texas. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;4/5/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32602, p1
The article reports on the issues concerning a battle over public versus private financing of Texas toll roads. In April 4, 2007, the battle escalated after Governor Rick Perry went to bat for the private investors while the state Senate voted unanimously to double tax-backed bond issuance for...
- TxDOT, $2 Billion Issue in Limbo as Legislature Ends Its Regular Session. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;6/3/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33125, p3
The article reports on the result of the failure of the state legislature to deal the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) $2 billion bonds issue. The 2009 session of the legislature has closed without TxDOT authorization to continue the transportation operation and without setting new...
- Texas Voters to Decide $6.5B of Bonds, Elect Leaders. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;11/4/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34205, p1
With the economy riding high, issuers in Texas are hoping voters keep their pocketbooks open long enough to approve more than $6.5 billion of bond issues on the ballot Nov. 4.