Did Questions Spur IRS Probe?
- Attorney: IRS Scrutiny Will Reduce Number of Blind Pool Deals. Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;9/19/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31723, p5
Reports on the impact of the scrutiny of blind bond pools by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) on financial transactions in the U.S. Definition of blind pools; Investigation of IRS on undisclosed payments made in various transactions; Concerns of the IRS over issuers' list of potential projects.
- Ohio County Discloses Blind Pool Audit. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;2/4/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31317, p31
Reports on the disclosure by Clinton County, Ohio regarding the examination of a bond issue it sold on behalf of non-profit hospitals, for possible arbitrage violations by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service. Underwriter for the bond issue.
- Utah Issuer Pays Off IRS; Case to Wrap. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;2/26/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31332, p1
Reports that the Utah School District Finance Cooperative has reached a tentative agreement with the U.S. Internal Revenue Service's appeals office to pay the federal government an undisclosed amount of money to settle the IRS' charge that its $200 million bond issue in 1988 violated the tax...
- IRS Closes Audit of Pennsylvania School District. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;8/16/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32693, p4
The article reports that the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has closed an audit of Scranton School District's $63 million of Series 2001 refunding notes without declaring them taxable in Pennsylvania. It is stated that the school district's transaction was sold to finance capital projects and...
- Utah Cooperative Suffers Setback In Ongoing Bond Dispute with IRS. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;04/24/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31124, p1
Reports on the bond dispute between the Utah School District Finance Cooperative and the United States Internal Revenue Service. Taxation of a 1998 bond issue; Structure of the bonds.
- IRS Determines Oxnard School GOs Are Taxable Arbitrage Bonds. Funk, Lynne // Bond Buyer;2/8/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32812, p32
The article reports on the identification of the $19.89 million of 1997 Series A general obligation refunding bonds issued by Oxnard School District as arbitrage bonds and therefore taxable by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) in California. The IRS determination was disclosed by the school...
- IRS Auditing Nevada School District's Advance Refunding Bonds. Jagoda, Naomi // Bond Buyer;10/13/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34392, p1
The Internal Revenue Service is auditing $473.05 million of general obligation refunding bonds issued by Nevada's Clark County School District in 2007.
- Shady Deal? Participants May Face IRS. Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;4/14/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31862, p1
Reports on the investigation of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service on the tax-exempt bond transactions. Examination of the tax returns of participants of the deals; Focus of the agency on abusive bond transactions; Discovery of anomalies in bond transactions.
- IRS Settles 6 Loan Pool Transactions. Duff-Barnett, Susanna // Bond Buyer;7/15/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31926, p1
Reports on the closure of the investigations of the Internal Revenue Service concerning the credit provider and issuers of telephone book TEFRA tax-exempt bond deals in the U.S. Allegation of violating the tax code's arbitrage restrictions; Payment of undisclosed amount by AIG SunAmerica to...