Penguin Putnam Leads Group In Year Of Sales And Profit Growth
- Penguin Group's underlying profits up 23%, results in U.S. biz similar. // Book Publishing Report;03/13/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 11, p3
Reports on the 1999 earnings of book publisher Putnam Group and its United States-based subsidiary Penguin Putnam Inc. Sales of the company from hardcover and paperback publications; Boost received by the company from the integration of Ladybird into Penguin's division in Great Britain.
- Pearson Hits Targets, Looks for Stronger Finish. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;8/5/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 31, p10
Reports on the financial results of several publishing companies for the first half of 2002. Information on the book group revenues at Pearson Inc.; Total revenues of Penguin Group; Expectations from the children's group and the education group at Penguin Putnam Inc.
- Promotions at Penguin Putnam. Petrikin, Chris // Variety;04/07/97, Vol. 366 Issue 10, p8
Focuses on the changes made by Penguin Putnam Inc. in its management structure.
- Booking new space for Penguin Putnam. Kamen, Robin // Crain's New York Business;02/17/97, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p6
Reports that the merged company Penguin Putnam Incorporated is seeking a lease to consolidate its headquarters at 375 Hudson Street, New York City, New York. Negotiation of a sublease with Saatchi & Saatchi; Plans for the company's headquarters.
- BetweentheLines. Flamm, Matthew // Entertainment Weekly;10/12/2001, Issue 620, p81
Features Phyllis Grann, president and chief executive officer of Penguin Putnam Inc.
- Penguin Revamps Shakespeare Series. // Publishers Weekly;10/18/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 42, p19
Discusses the move of Penguin Putnam publishing company to update its Pelican Shakespeare book series. Reason of the company for updating the series; Scholars and editors who prepared the publication of the book series.
- Phyllis GRANN. // Entertainment Weekly;
Profiles Phyllis Grann, chief executive officer and president of Penguin Putnam Inc.
- Downsized Lauriat's is looking for better year. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;9/8/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 37, p10
Focuses on Lauriat's Inc., which has been downsized. Comments about the downsizing from company president Danny Gurr; Number of bookstore chains closed; The total number of outlets still in operation; How the reduction in the number of stores has had a ripple effect throughout the company,...
- Bill's New Adventure. Abbott, Charlotte // Publishers Weekly;11/4/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 44, p19
Talks about the contributions of book publisher William Shinker to Penguin Putnam Inc. in the U.S. as of November 2002. Publication plans of Shinker starting winter 2003; Mix of titles published by Gotham Books, a division of Penguin under Shinker; Contributions of Shinker to Penguin.