The Check is in the Mail
- Atlanta Fed experiences unprecedented check growth. // Financial Update;Jul-Sep98, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p3
Provides information on the growth of checks in Atlanta, Georgia, with reference to observations made on the increase in check collection. Number of checks processed in 1997 and the first quarter of 1998; Factors influencing check growth; Information regarding electronic payments.
- Federal Reserve to Conduct Check and Electronic Payment Studies. // Financial Update;Apr-Jun2001, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p1
Announces that the Federal Reserve Banks in the United States will conduct three studies on checks and electronic payments to determine the makeup and use of the payment system in the nation.
- Nacha: Conversion Of Checks Up 400%. // American Banker;5/23/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 99, p13
Reports that Nacha, the electronic payments association, has announced that 24,600 retail sites in the United States have converted check payments at the point of sale into electronic funds transfers this January 2000. Number of checks that were converted in the same month; How an electronic...
- E-Payment Poll Finds Key Barrier Is Crumbling. Roth, Andrew // American Banker;9/12/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 175, p12
Cites the results of a survey showing that corporations will not significantly reduce their reliance on checks in the short-term. Increase in the use of electronic payments; Factors influencing the decision of companies to continue using checks; Lack of integration between electronic payment...
- Electronic Funds Transfers (I). Mortimer, Harold E.; Leary Jr., Fairfax // Business Lawyer;Feb78 Special Issue, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p947
Focuses on the use of an electronic funds transfer system. Direct deposit of income checks; Multiplicity of services; Examination of the payments transfer system.
- Paperless Checks by PROFIT. Shankar, Pradeep; Ramana, Venkat // Siliconindia;Feb2003, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p36
Highlights the Productivity From Information Technology electronic check deposit system at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology Sloan School of Management. Growth of credit and debit cards; Analysis on the cost of paper checks to society; Overview of the system.
- Electronic Payments in the U.S. Economy: An Overview. Weiner, Stuart E. // Economic Review (01612387);1999 4th Quarter, Vol. 84 Issue 4, p53
Provides an overview of electronic payments in the United States. Review on the use of cash and checks; Categories of electronic payments; Types of electronic money or e-money.
- Federal trade reserve releases electronic transfer study. // Chain Store Age;Jun97, Vol. 73 Issue 6, p110
Focuses on electronic transfer of funds and checks. Comparison of annual value checks written in the United States and the value of electronic transfer of funds over the past 19 years; Prediction on what will happen to checks at the turn of the century; Reason why the legislation passed in 1996...
- Pasadena Optimizes Conversion to Electronic Payments. HAMMOND, LARRY // Government Procurement;Jun/Jul2010, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p36
The article presents the implementation of the Card Shuffler in Pasadena, California in 2008, which is featured on Bank of America Merrill Lynch's Works platform. It reveals that the next phase in the city's electronic payables was the adoption of the ePayables card payment solution that enables...