Deepwater pipelines -- Taking the challenge to new depths
- Leak detection equipment adapted for pipeline hydrotests, rehab projects. // Offshore;Nov2011, Vol. 71 Issue 11, p114
The article focuses on Co.L.Mar Srl's Acoustic Leak Detector (ALD). It states that ALD is a technology designed to acquire and process acoustic data to extract leakage from ambient noise, which composed of underwater acoustic sensor, a transmission line, and a proprietary software to analyze...
- DRILLING & PRODUCTION. Hartley, Frank // Offshore;May2001, Vol. 61 Issue 5, p26
Presents news briefs on offshore drilling and production equipment as of May 2001. Information on the technology advancement for multilaterals completed by Sperry-Sun Drilling Services; Features of the EXothermal Sampler and global onsite laboratory data system by Expro International Group PLC;...
- Online monitoring enhances flow assurance. Larsen, Marit // Offshore;Feb2011, Vol. 71 Issue 2, p108
The article focuses on the development of the Flow Assurance System (FAS), an online monitoring system, to manage oil and gas flow assurance problems. It mentions on the successful FAS installation in Statoil ASA 's Vega field operation by using FAS' virtual flow metering system and pipeline...
- Improving deepwater pipeline repair capability. Ayers, Ray R.; Rebello, Armando // Offshore;Jul2011, Vol. 71 Issue 7, p94
The article focuses on the Deep Water Response to Underwater Pipeline Emergencies (DW RUPE)-Pipelines, a co-ownership group which consists of Enterprise Partners LP, Enbridge Inc., Eni Corp., and BP Exploration and Production Inc. It states that the companies have agreed to co-fund the repair of...
- Resolving 'Big Three' essential to increasing subsea production. Redden, Jim // Offshore;Jul2009, Vol. 69 Issue 7, p66
The article discusses the three factors that will contribute in enhancing the effectiveness of offshore drilling equipment in carrying out oil exploration and production. Manuel Terranova, senior vice president at GE Oil & Gas, stresses that deepwater processing, power transmission, and pumping...
- Deepwater Mediterranean test site taking shape. // Offshore;May2004, Vol. 64 Issue 5, p118
Reports on the development of a deepwater Mediterranean test site for oil and gas drilling. Project of the Cybernetix, Comex and Ifremer companies; Analysis of the dynamic behavior of prototype risers, umbilicals and mooring systems; Deployment of logistics support vessels.
- Manifold dives deep to perform triple duty. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;1/10/94, Vol. 232 Issue 2, p22
Features Strathspey North Seal oil field's manifold. Cost of the project; Features; Field operator; Location of the manifold; Contents of the manifold; Builder; Designer.
- Products & services. // Offshore;Nov95, Vol. 55 Issue 11, p104
Presents a series of news briefs on products and services associated with offshore drilling.
- Fishing operations in horizontal and extended-reach wells. Williamson, Steve; Reeves, Bill // Offshore;Feb98, Vol. 58 Issue 2, p38
Discusses the use of computerized jar placement in fishing operations in horizontal and extended-reach wells. Background on the basic reasons for and tools in fishing; Uses of hydraulic jars in fishing; Insights on the difference in performance between jars; Guidelines for jar placement;...