Gallbladder diverticulum: A case report and review of the
- Quantitative cholescintigraphy and bile abnormalities in patients with acalculous biliary pain. Ponce, Julio; Pons, Vicente; Sopena, Ramón; Garrigues, Vicente; Ponce, Marta; Ortiz, Vicente; Pertejo, Virginia // European Journal of Nuclear Medicine & Molecular Imaging;2004, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p1160
Acalculous biliary pain has been related to gallbladder dysfunction that produces a gallbladder emptying defectâ€”a condition which favours the development of lithiasis. It is therefore probable that microlithiasis is present in patients with gallbladder dysfunction. The aims of this study...
- Serum CYFRA 21-1 in Biliary Tract Cancers: A Reliable Biomarker for Gallbladder Carcinoma and Intrahepatic Cholangiocarcinoma. Huang, Li; Chen, Wei; Liang, Peiwen; Hu, Wenjie; Zhang, Kunsong; Shen, Shunli; Chen, Jiancong; Zhang, Zhaohui; Chen, Bin; Han, Yuyan; Meng, Fanyin; DeMorrow, Sharon; Yin, Xiaoyu; Lai, Jiaming; Liang, Lijian // Digestive Diseases & Sciences;May2015, Vol. 60 Issue 5, p1273
Background: Biliary tract cancers encompass gallbladder carcinoma, and intrahepatic, perihilar and distal cholangiocarcinoma. Upregulated serum CYFRA 21-1 has been reported in intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma. Aims: The present study aimed to explore the clinical significance of serum CYFRA 21-1...
- GALLBLADDER DISEASE IN NUNS. Nix, James T. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Mar1965, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p208
Presents information on a study regarding the occurrence of gallbladder diseases among nuns in the U.S. Factors that affect the biliary tract disease in members of Catholic religious orders for women; Features of the standard environment embraced by the religious communities for women; Age...
- What is the Role of Endoscopy in the Management of Biliary Pancreatitis, and When Should It Be Utilized? Ranson, John H. C.; Brandt, Lawrence; Rogers, Arvey I. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Jan1990, Vol. 85 Issue 1, p10
Deals with the controversy and confusion that surrounds the management of patients with gallstone pancreatitis. Factors contributing to the confusion; Distinction of acute pancreatitis with gallstones from acute biliary disease; Risks associated with endoscopic retrograde...
- Endosonography/Bile Drainage Combination for Difficult-to-Diagnose Gallbladder Disease. Dill, James E. // Journal of Laparoendoscopic & Advanced Surgical Techniques;Dec98, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p361
Focuses on a study which examined the use of combined endoscopic ultrasound and stimulated biliary drainage (EUS/SBD) for diagnosing gallbladder disease. Background on difficulties in diagnosing gallblader disease; Method for performing EUS/SBD; Cost effectiveness of the procedure.
- Courvoisier's "Law" -- An Eponym in Evolution. Verghese, Abraham; Dison, Christa; Berk, Steven L. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Mar1987, Vol. 82 Issue 3, p248
Focuses on the published works of physician Ludwig Courvoisier on biliary tract disease. Professional background of Courvoisier; Studies on gallbladders conducted by other physicians; Views of Courvoisier on the correlation of gallbladder dilatation with cause of obstruction.
- THE DOUBLE GALLBLADDER: A CONGENITAL ANOMALY. Galambos, A.; Galambos, W. M. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Feb1955, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p129
Discusses several cases of patients who developed double gallbladders illustrating the prevalence of the abnormality. Symptoms complained by patients; Correlation of the disease with other congenital anomalies; Comparison of bilobed with diverticular gallbladder.
- SIGNIFICANCE OF THE ROKITANSKY-ASCHOFF SINUSES. Halpert, Béla // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Nov1961, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p534
Elaborates the nature of Rokitansky-Aschoff sinuses, epithelial structures in the gallbladder. Characteristics of the structures; Purpose of the sinuses; Kinds of gallbladder diseases which alter morphology of the structures.
- Primary undifferentiated spindle-cell carcinoma of the gallbladder presenting as a liver tumor. Akatsu, Tomotaka; Ueda, Masakazu; Shimazu, Motohide; Wakabayashi, Go; Aiura, Koichi; Tanabe, Minoru; Kawachi, Shigeyuki; Kameyama, Kaori; Kitajima, Masaki // Journal of Gastroenterology;Oct2005, Vol. 40 Issue 10, p993
Undifferentiated spindle-cell carcinoma (SpCC) of the gallbladder is extremely rare. There is very little information available regarding the characteristics and treatment of this disease. We herein report the unique case of a 76-year-old female patient with a primary SpCC of the gallbladder...