Gallbladder diverticulum: A case report and review of the
- Quantitative cholescintigraphy and bile abnormalities in patients with acalculous biliary pain. Ponce, Julio; Pons, Vicente; Sopena, Ramón; Garrigues, Vicente; Ponce, Marta; Ortiz, Vicente; Pertejo, Virginia // European Journal of Nuclear Medicine & Molecular Imaging;2004, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p1160
Acalculous biliary pain has been related to gallbladder dysfunction that produces a gallbladder emptying defectâ€”a condition which favours the development of lithiasis. It is therefore probable that microlithiasis is present in patients with gallbladder dysfunction. The aims of this study...
- Serum CYFRA 21-1 in Biliary Tract Cancers: A Reliable Biomarker for Gallbladder Carcinoma and Intrahepatic Cholangiocarcinoma. Huang, Li; Chen, Wei; Liang, Peiwen; Hu, Wenjie; Zhang, Kunsong; Shen, Shunli; Chen, Jiancong; Zhang, Zhaohui; Chen, Bin; Han, Yuyan; Meng, Fanyin; DeMorrow, Sharon; Yin, Xiaoyu; Lai, Jiaming; Liang, Lijian // Digestive Diseases & Sciences;May2015, Vol. 60 Issue 5, p1273
Background: Biliary tract cancers encompass gallbladder carcinoma, and intrahepatic, perihilar and distal cholangiocarcinoma. Upregulated serum CYFRA 21-1 has been reported in intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma. Aims: The present study aimed to explore the clinical significance of serum CYFRA 21-1...
- GALLBLADDER DISEASE IN NUNS. Nix, James T. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Mar1965, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p208
Presents information on a study regarding the occurrence of gallbladder diseases among nuns in the U.S. Factors that affect the biliary tract disease in members of Catholic religious orders for women; Features of the standard environment embraced by the religious communities for women; Age...
- What is the Role of Endoscopy in the Management of Biliary Pancreatitis, and When Should It Be Utilized? Ranson, John H. C.; Brandt, Lawrence; Rogers, Arvey I. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Jan1990, Vol. 85 Issue 1, p10
Deals with the controversy and confusion that surrounds the management of patients with gallstone pancreatitis. Factors contributing to the confusion; Distinction of acute pancreatitis with gallstones from acute biliary disease; Risks associated with endoscopic retrograde...
- Endosonography/Bile Drainage Combination for Difficult-to-Diagnose Gallbladder Disease. Dill, James E. // Journal of Laparoendoscopic & Advanced Surgical Techniques;Dec98, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p361
Focuses on a study which examined the use of combined endoscopic ultrasound and stimulated biliary drainage (EUS/SBD) for diagnosing gallbladder disease. Background on difficulties in diagnosing gallblader disease; Method for performing EUS/SBD; Cost effectiveness of the procedure.
- Courvoisier's "Law" -- An Eponym in Evolution. Verghese, Abraham; Dison, Christa; Berk, Steven L. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Mar1987, Vol. 82 Issue 3, p248
Focuses on the published works of physician Ludwig Courvoisier on biliary tract disease. Professional background of Courvoisier; Studies on gallbladders conducted by other physicians; Views of Courvoisier on the correlation of gallbladder dilatation with cause of obstruction.
- THE DOUBLE GALLBLADDER: A CONGENITAL ANOMALY. Galambos, A.; Galambos, W. M. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Feb1955, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p129
Discusses several cases of patients who developed double gallbladders illustrating the prevalence of the abnormality. Symptoms complained by patients; Correlation of the disease with other congenital anomalies; Comparison of bilobed with diverticular gallbladder.
- SIGNIFICANCE OF THE ROKITANSKY-ASCHOFF SINUSES. Halpert, Béla // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Nov1961, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p534
Elaborates the nature of Rokitansky-Aschoff sinuses, epithelial structures in the gallbladder. Characteristics of the structures; Purpose of the sinuses; Kinds of gallbladder diseases which alter morphology of the structures.
- Hilar cholangioplasty using omentum for ductal defect in biliobiliary fistula. Ebata, Tomoki; Takagi, Kenji; Nagino, Masato // Journal of Hepato -- Biliary -- Pancreatic Sciences;May2011, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p458
Background/purpose: A non-circumferential defect of the biliary system is occasionally faced at surgery for biliobiliary fistula. The condition represents an uncommon but important complication of gallstone disease. Although direct closure and patch repair using the gallbladder cuff are...