Patient presents with chronic KCS, corneal thinning
- A Healing Hell. Groopman, Jerome // New Yorker;10/19/98, Vol. 74 Issue 32, p34
Presents information pertaining to both the hazards and benefits associated with bone marrow transplants, referencing the example of Courtney Stevens, a high-school sophomore in Monroe, North Carolina, who was diagnosed with leukemia. Medical definition of this condition; What the doctors said...
- Unmatched bone marrow transplants successfully treat leukaemia. Siegel-Itzkovich, Judy // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);10/31/98, Vol. 317 Issue 7167, p1175
Reports that a method of bone marrow transplantation using donors matched for only one human lymphocyte antigen (HLA) haplotype was proven successful in patients with leukemia. How the Italian and Israeli researchers developed a technique that can make mismatched transplants effective; Efficacy...
- Cataract Formation after Bone Marrow Transplantation. Tichelli, Andr�; Gratwohl, Alois; Egger, Thomas; Roth, Jakob; Pr�unte, Alexandra; Nissen, Catherine; Speck, Bruno // Annals of Internal Medicine;12/15/93, Vol. 119 Issue 12, p1175
Evaluates the incidence, time course and factors associated with cataract formation in bone marrow transplant recipients. Disorders of the eye after bone marrow transplantation; Probability of cataract development among patients treated with total-body irradiation (TBI); Acceleration of...
- At rest, at last. Rogers, Patrick; Warrick, Pamela // People;5/06/96, Vol. 45 Issue 18, p229
Reports on the death of Michelle Carew from leukemia. The 18-year-old daughter of baseball Hall of Famer Rod Carew; How the Carew family went public to highlight the critical shortage of minority donors to the bone-marrow transplant program; Michelle's genetic heritage; Michelle's battle...
- Cytokines after autologous transplantation of various number of mononuclear bone marrow cells in patients with acute myocardial infarction, one year follow- up. Spinarova, L.; Meluzin, J.; Groch, L.; Mayer, J.; Klabusay, M.; Hornacek, I.; Panovsky, R.; Tomandl, J. // European Journal of Heart Failure. Supplements;Jun2008, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p139
An abstract of the article "Cytokines after autologous transplantation of various number of mononuclear bone marrow cells in patients with acute myocardial infarction, one year follow- up," by L. Spinarova and colleagues is presented.
- Clinical course and treatment of haemorrhagic cystitis associated with BK type of human polyomavirus in nine paediatric recipients of allogeneic bone marrow transplants. Peinemann, F.; de Villiers, E.-M.; D�rries, K.; Adams, O.; V�geli, T. A.; Burdach, S. // European Journal of Pediatrics;2000, Vol. 159 Issue 3, p182
Abstract Of a total of 117 bone marrow transplant (BMT) recipients in the period from August 1988 to November 1995, 9 (7.7%) developed haemorrhagic cystitis. This condition was characterized in all nine patients by late onset (day +24 to +50 post-BMT), long duration (1 to 7 weeks), and the...
- AIDS treatment to use baboon cells. Miller, Julie Ann; Allen, William H. // BioScience;Jun95, Vol. 45 Issue 6, p391
Reports on the plan of Suzanne Ildstad, a transplant surgeon at the University of Pittsburgh in Pennsylvania, and AIDS researchers at the University of California at San Francisco to transplant purified baboon bone-marrow cells into humans infected with the HIV virus. Natural ability of cells...
- Translocation t(1;16)(p31;q24) rearranging CBFA2T3 is specific for acute erythroid leukemia. Micci, F.; Thorsen, J.; Haugom, L.; Zeller, B.; Tierens, A.; Heim, S. // Leukemia (08876924);Sep2011, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p1510
A letter to the editor is presented which discusses the rearrangement of bone marrow cell translocation in acute erythroid leukemia patients.
- Cardiac study. effect of autologous intracoronary mononuclear bone marrow cell transplantation in humans in patients after acute anterior myocardial infarction with left ventricular dysfunction. Piepoli, M.F.; Passerini, F.; Vallisa, D.; Arbasi, M.C.; Mori, M.; Rossi, A.; Cavanna, L.; Capucci, A.; Di Meana, F. Ripa // European Journal of Heart Failure. Supplements;Jun2008, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p113
An abstract of the article "Cardiac study. effect of autologous intracoronary mononuclear bone marrow cell transplantation in humans in patients after acute anterior myocardial infarction with left ventricular dysfunction," by M. F. Piepoli and colleagues is presented.