In situ definition of semiconductor structures by selective area growth and etching
- Curbing plasma-induced gate oxide damage. Gabriel, Calvin T. // Solid State Technology;Mar99, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p49
Describes how to minimize plasma-induced gate oxide damage in plasma etching of semiconductors. Need to optimize plasma-etching and deposition processes; Description of an in-line damage measurement technique; Tips on how to prevent charging damage; Catching charging on product wafers.
- Submicrometer-resolution etching of integrated circuit materials with laser-generated atomic fluorine. Loper, G. L.; Tabat, M. D. // Journal of Applied Physics;11/1/1985, Vol. 58 Issue 9, p3649
Presents information on a study that investigated the radical etching technique as a method to pattern and etch, with submicrometer resolution, various materials used in the fabrication of integrated circuits. Research methodology; Results and discussion.
- New RIE plasma source may aid DESIRE process. K.D. // Solid State Technology;Mar95, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p26
Presents the results of a study evaluating an alternative plasma source that may aid the surface mount process for making semiconductors. Improvement in etch performance and residue formation; Solution to the conflict between increased lithographic resolution and reduced depth of focus;...
- Influence of a finite energy width on the hot electron double-slit interference experiment: A... Hongo, Hiroo; Miyamoto, Yasuyuki; Gault, Michael; Furuya, Kazuhito // Journal of Applied Physics;10/15/1997, Vol. 82 Issue 8, p3846
Investigates the influence of electron energy width in the hot electron double-slit experiment in a semiconductor. Influence of finite energy width of the electron wave to double-slit experiment; Current-voltage characteristics of the graded emitter diode.
- Semiconductor manufacturers look to short wavelengths. Lewotsky, Kristin // Laser Focus World;Jul97, Vol. 33 Issue 7, p82
Reports on the efforts of semiconductor manufacturers to bring production-level 193-nm litography online. Organization of American efforts through an industry consortium; Production of small-field steppers for photoresist development.
- Dopant-selective etch stops in 6H and 3C SiC. Shor, J.S.; Kurtz, A.D. // Journal of Applied Physics;2/1/1997, Vol. 81 Issue 3, p1546
Describes a novel photoelectrochemical etching process for 6H- and 3C-SiC semiconductors. Basis for the etch-stop mechanism; Dissolution of silicon carbide.
- Novel etching technique for a buried heterostructure GaInAs/AlGaInAs quantum-well laser diode. Kasukawa, A.; Bhat, R.; Caneau, C.; Zah, C.E.; Koza, M.A.; Lee, T.P. // Applied Physics Letters;9/9/1991, Vol. 59 Issue 11, p1269
Reports the development of an etching technique for a buried heterostructure GaInAs/AlGaInAs quantum-well laser diode. Achievement of a three-micrometer-high mesa; Obtainment of flat surfaces after a two-step organometallic chemical vapor deposition growth.
- Estimation of doping density in HgCdTe p-n junctions using scanning laser microscopy. Siliquini, J. F.; Dell, J. M.; Musca, C. A.; Smith, E. P. G.; Faraone, L.; Piotrowski, J. // Applied Physics Letters;1/5/1998, Vol. 72 Issue 1
Quantitative assessment of p- to n- type conversion due to reactive ion etching (RIE) of p-type Hg[sub 0.71]Cd[sub 0.29]Te is presented using laser-beam-induced-current (LBIC) measurements. For the RIE processing conditions used (390 mT, CH[sub 4]/H[sub 2], 0.4 W/cm[sup 2]), n-type conversion...
- Thickness measurement of submonolayer native oxide films on silicon wafers. Li, Fuhe; Balazs, Marjorie K.; Deal, Bruce E. // Solid State Technology;Feb2000, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p87
Presents information on a study which developed a method for measuring the thickness of submonolayer oxides formed on silicon wafers during rinsing. Information on the rapid acid-etching process; Capability of the method.