- Barnstorming for the new millennium. Scanlon, Matthew // Mother Earth News;Feb/Mar97, Issue 160, p78
Focuses on ultralight airplanes and the art of barnstorming. Government regulations on private planes; Historical background on barnstorming; Tips in the selection and purchase of ultralight planes.
- Berkut is a larger Long-EZ. Garrison, Peter // Flying;Dec93, Vol. 120 Issue 12, p98
Evaluates Dave Ronneberg's Berkut, an unauthorized makeover of Burt Rutan's Long-EZ, a two-seat tandem canard originally designed for the Lycoming O-235 and O-320 engines. The Berkut is essentially a new fuselage mated to the Long's flying surfaces. The kit; Canopy design; Technical aspects;...
- From Russia with wings. Gaffney, Timothy R. // Popular Science;Jan93, Vol. 242 Issue 1, p48
Looks at a miniature single-place aircraft designed by 47-year-old Russian Victor Dmitriev. Constructed and flown in defiance of KGB politics, the sophisticated ultra-light craft is on its way to becoming the hottest new innovation in mini-aircraft. Design details of the X-14d; Dmitriv's...
- Ultralight Aircraft Are Flying High. Hadley, W. Fred // Technology Teacher;Feb99, Vol. 58 Issue 5, p8
Reports on the popularity of ultralight and lightweight aircrafts among recreational aeronautics enthusiasts in the United States. Reasons for the popularity of the aircrafts; Laws and requirements for flying the aircrafts; Various designs of the aircraft. INSET: Technology Learning Activity..
- Leader of the flock. Line, Les; MacButch, Scott // National Wildlife (World Edition);Aug/Sep98, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p20
Focuses on the advantages and disadvantages associated with training endangered cranes to follow a man in an ultralight, while highlighting the experiences of Kent Glegg, an ultralight-aircraft enthusiast. Information on Glegg's work with sandhill and whooping cranes; Problems associated with...
- Emergency Landing at Legends. // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);3/20/2013, Vol. 140 Issue 12, p9B
The article reports on the emergency landing of an ultralight plane near the Legends County Club in Kingsland, Texas .
- Light Weight Success. Murgatroyd, Alan // Flying;May2005, Vol. 132 Issue 5, p43
Presents a letter to the editor about the use of the ultralight aircraft in commercial flights.
- Ultralight Parks Under The Lawn. // Popular Mechanics;Mar2001, Vol. 178 Issue 3, p36
Provides information on the home-based subterranean hangar designed by elevator machinist Martin Disieno for his ultralight aircraft.
- Solar plane challenges satellites. // Design Engineering;May2000, p6
Reveals that California-based AeroVironment has designed a solar electric airplane called Helios. Fuel cell energy storage system utilized by the aircraft.