- Boy Scouts. // All Hands;Oct94, Issue 930, p34
Presents a photograph of AOC Carnell Johnson and his sons Carnell and Neill at a Boy Scout meeting on NAS Key West, Florida.
- Westover aerial porters care for families of deployed members. // Citizen Airman: The Official Magazine of the Air National Guard ;Oct2010, Vol. 62 Issue 5, p13
The article highlights the gathering of family and friends of deployed members of the 42nd Aerial Port Squadron at Westover Air Reserve Base in Massachusetts. Parents who attended the event have socialized over cake and the children worn face paint. The event has given opportunity for families a...
- Spreading suburbia hits the jackpot. Mitchell, Bill // Building Design;3/2/2007, Issue 1760, p9
The article comments on economic developments in Las Vegas, Nevada. The author notes that the city became attractive when Hoover Dam in the 1930s was built and the military opened Nellis Air Force Base in the 1940s. In the 1960s, it became a drive-to destination. At present, the city has become...
- A Garden Spot. McKenna, Pat // Airman;Feb99, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p2
Focuses on McGuire Air Force Base in New Jersey. Views of United States Air Force airmen on McGuire; Service as a redistribution terminal for Europe; Construction projects at McGuire.
- When airmen get to Los Angeles Air Force Base, they find many opportunities awaiting them, and they're soon living the...California Dream. Arana-Barradas, Louis A. // Airman;Jun99, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p22
Features the Los Angeles Air Force Base in California. Details on the base; Reasons for some personnel's second thoughts about the city; Comments from Lieutenant General Eugene Tattini, commander of the Space and Missile Systems Center; Information on the housing; What the personnel have to say...
- Give Vance a Chance. Arana-Barradas, Louis A. // Airman;May2000, Vol. 44 Issue 5, p22
Features the Vance Air Force Base in Enid, Oklahoma. Type of lifestyle at Vance; Contributions of the Air Force base to the economy of Enid; Neatness of Vance; Changes at the base.
- U.S. and German authorities... // Aviation Week & Space Technology;1/1/2000, Vol. 152 Issue 1, p25
Cites the agreement between United States and German authorities to transfer the Rhein-Main air base at Frankfurt, Germany to civilian use by 2005. Incorporation of the facility into the Frankfurt airport; Cost of the handover.
- Glenview maps out land use after base closing. Moore, Anne // Crain's Chicago Business;5/06/96, Vol. 19 Issue 19, pR20
Reports that the military base Glenview Naval Air Station which closed in 1995 will be turned into a residential and recreation center along with an additional school and a metra commuter train station. Space allotted for these projects; Cost of projects; When project will be completed;...
- The unexpected visitor. Selman, Scotty // Flying Safety;Mar1995, Vol. 51 Issue 3, p6
Presents a narrative regarding an unauthorized landing by a civilian aircraft at the Castle Air Force Base in California. Lack of response of civilian pilot to radio signals from airfield; Discovery of illegal drugs from the aircraft; Reasons for civilian pilot's disorientation.