Upper-Limb Evolution and Development: Skeletons in the Closet: Congenital Anomalies and Evolution's Template
- A rare case of central polydactyly. Nair, S.; Varghese, S.; Kumar, A.; Jose, R. // European Journal of Plastic Surgery;Sep2001, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p264
Ours is a tertiary care center dealing with a variety of congenital hand anomalies. Recently, a patient with central polydactyly arising mid-palm near the wrist joint and capable of independent movements was encountered. The case and its treatment are described, and polydactyly is discussed.
- claw-hand. Peters, Michael // BMA A-Z Family Medical Encyclopedia;2004, p178
A definition of the term "claw-hand" is presented. It refers to a deformity of the hand characterized by curled fingers. This condition is caused by ulnary nerve injury. Details of its treatment are indicated.
- Multicentric paraspinal neuroglial heterotopia with MÃ¼llerian and renal agenesis: a variant of Mayer-Rokitansky-KÃ¼ster-Hauser syndrome? Lu-Hau Deng; Chii-Hong Lee // Diagnostic Pathology;2013, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p1
Neuroglial heterotopia is a rare congenital anomaly that mostly involves the head and neck region. We report a female fetus with multicentric paraspinal neuroglial heterotopia in the retropharyngeal and retroperitoneal spaces, right renal agenesis, left renal hypoplasia, and MÃ¼llerian...
- Complex bilateral polysyndactyly featuring a triplet of delta phalanges in a syndactylised digit. Calif, Edward; Stahl, Shalom // European Radiology;Dec2002 Supplement 3, Vol. 12, pS140
The delta phalanx is a rare congenital skeletal anomaly. An abnormal C-shaped epiphysis is usually responsible for a progressive angular digital deformity observed either in hands or feet. Solitary delta phalanges are usually described. We report a case of bilateral congenital hand malformations...
- An unusual case of preaxial polydactyly of the hand (triplication of the thumbs). Jafari, Davood; Shariatzade, Hooman; Mazhar, Farid Najd; Abbasgholizadeh, Behzad; Dashtebozorgh, Ahmad // Medical Journal of the Islamic Republic of Iran;May2013, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p91
Preaxial polydactyly is the most common duplication pattern in white and Asian populations. It is a congenital anomaly with a wide range of manifestations .Current classification do not have the capacity to classify all different types of radial polydactyly. We describe here a very rare and...
- polydactyly. Peters, Michael // BMA A-Z Family Medical Encyclopedia;2004, p617
An encyclopedia entry for "polydactyly" is presented. It refers to a birth defect characterized by an excessive number of fingers or toes. It often runs in normal families but may also occur as part of Laurence-Biedle-Moon syndrome.
- A and B preaxial polydactyly with syndactyly of feet and hands in the same person -- a case report. Gawlikowska-Sroka, A.; Tudaj, W.; Czerwiński, F. // Advances in Medical Sciences (De Gruyter Open);2009, Vol. 54 Issue 2, p305
Preaxial polydactyly of the hand is more common than postaxial polydactyly and postaxial polydactyly of the foot is more common than preaxial in white patients. Syndactyly is commonly regarded as next in frequency among the congenital hand deformities. Preaxial polydactyly of the feet and hands...
- Poland Sendromu: Bir Olgu Sunumu. Tos, Tülay; Karaman, Ali; Perçin, Ferda; Koçak, Hatice // Medical Bulletin of Haseki / Haseki Tip Bulteni;Mar2011, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p37
Poland syndrome is a congenital anomaly characterized by the absence of ipsilateral pectoralis major muscle and deformities of upper extremities and anterior chest wall. Its incidence is one in 30.000 live births.Herein, we report the case of an 18-year-old male with Poland syndrome who...
- Polydactyly 24 -- a case report. Mangalgiri, Ashutosh Sudhakar; Sherke, Anil Rambhau // International Journal of Anatomical Variations;2009, Vol. 2, p146
Presence of one or more digit is called as polydactyly. Polydactyly may manifest singly or with other genetic disorders. We report a case of bilaterally symmetrical polydactyly with total 24 fingers, i.e. 6 fingers in each limb. In upper limb an extra digit was on ulnar side and was...