- Productive and effective meeting: A few more tips. Lewis, Judy // Hudson Valley Business Journal;1/17/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p8
The article offers tips on how to make meetings as valuable as they can including the need to set a time for the meeting and start on time, not reiterating items that are already covered and setting a particular amount of time for every item on the agenda.
- Television News, Hegemony, and Health. Wallack, Lawrence; Dorfman, Lori // American Journal of Public Health;Jan1992, Vol. 82 Issue 1, p125
A letter to the editor is presented in response to an article about the significant agenda-setting role of media on health issues.
- Back Page. // Pharmaceutical Executive;Dec2008, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p74
The article lists the agenda of U.S. President-elect Barack Obama and outgoing U.S. President George W. Bush which includes market watch, terror alert and U.S. Food & Drug Administration partition.
- AN EDITORIAL COMMENT: "Identity". Riffe, Daniel // Journalism & Mass Communication Quarterly;Spring2009, Vol. 86 Issue 1, p2
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one by Chia and Poo concerning media use of young Singaporean people, a study by Ragas and Roberts that applies the agenda-melding hypothesis and agenda-setting theory to the virtual brand community, and an article by...
- Litigation Publicity: Courtroom Drama or Headline News? Ramsey, Gail; McGuire, Kristen // Communications & the Law;Sep2000, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p69
Deals with a study which examined the history of interaction between the public, news media and the United States legal system. Overview of the correlations of the mass media and the country's legal system in 1800-2000; Increasing litigation publicity; Description of the agenda-setting theory.
- Editorial. Mitchell, David // Canadian Journal of Communication;2003, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p3
Introduces a series of article about communication and mass media. Features of the Innis method of communication analysis; Analysis of journalistic practice that are related to environmental issues; Approach used in the application of agenda-setting theory to environmental issues in developing...
- Best of the Leadership Blogs. // Executive Leadership;Jun2011, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p5
Two blogs related to executive leadership is presented such as ways on setting agenda and the use of vital-few concepts in companies by listing customers by revenue or profit ranked from greatest to smallest.
- Busy agenda for McClintock. Ryan, Frances // Caribbean Business;1/31/2008, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p68
The article focuses on the top priorities from the current legislative session by Senate President Kenneth McClintock in Puerto Rico. McClintock stresses that such session highlights the preparation of a tentative session calendar that includes 48 session days. Further, he believes that there is...
- The Office. Buchanan, Leigh // Inc.;Oct2006, Vol. 28 Issue 10, p140
The article talks about the common belief that speaking in meetings is mandatory. Employees fear that if they say nothing, everyone will assume they have nothing to say. Let everyone have a chance to prepare for a meeting by publishing an agenda, unless the purpose of the meeting is to spring...