Intel Abandoning HomeRF Ship
- IEEE approves 802.1aq shortest path bridging standard for local and metro Ethernet networks. // Fiber Optics Weekly Update;5/11/2012, Vol. 32 Issue 19, p11
The article discusses the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineer (IEEE) Standards Association's approval of the 802.1aq shortest path bridging (SPB) standard for local and metro Ethernet networks. It states that the standard aims to lessen the complexity of Ethernet networks while...
- InTech Market Study: Fieldbus growing. Hale, Gregory // InTech;Apr2007, Vol. 54 Issue 4, p40
The article discusses a market study on fieldbus technology conducted by "InTech" magazine. The study aims to find out fundamental trends and what users see as challenges and opportunities for the fieldbus protocol. According to the survey, 80% of respondents revealed that their manufacturing...
- Applying Wireless To EtherNet/ IP Pipeline Automation Systems. Enstad, Gary; Ralston, Jim // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Feb2011, Vol. 238 Issue 2, p48
The article focuses on the EtherNet/Industrial Protocol (IP) network standard defined by Open Device Net Vendor Association (ODVA) for pipeline automation system. It states that the significant part of EtherNet/IP standard is the Common Industrial Protocol (CIP) messaging definition. Details on...
- Moving wireless LANs into fast lane. Langley, John // Network World;02/08/99, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p31
Discusses the capabilities of the 100BaseRadio wireless Ethernet technology. Use of Unlicensed National Information Infrastructure frequency bands; Frequencies of the multiple channels; Ethernet capacity allocated; Support for the IEEE 802.3, Ethernet and 802.1d standards.
- Create a Wireless-to-Ethernet Bridge. Ivey, Brant // Control Engineering;Aug2007, Vol. 54 Issue 8, p24
The article elaborates how 16-bit microcontrollers (MCU) support the functionality of a wireless-to-Ethernet bridge in a hypothetical factory personal digital assistant (PDA). Because the PDA should be capable of running both Ethernet and wireless protocols to allow for connectivity, the...
- Intel new mobile WiMAX chip unveiled at WCA with little fanfare. Morse, Joni // RCR Wireless News;7/3/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 27, p7
The article reports on the Rosedale 2 WiMAX circuit unveiled by Intel Corp. during the Wireless Communications Expo forum event held in Washington, D.C. in June 2006. Vendors are already entering into certification testing for truly mobile 802.16e products, which are considered to be end-user...
- Next Generation Voice Testing. Celine, Graham // Wireless Design & Development;Sep2005, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p26
Focuses on the importance of wireless local area network carrying voice-optimized Wi-Fi requirements in cellular technologies. Voice over Wi-Fi (VoWi-Fi) handset requirements for voice delivery; Information on the 802.11 protocols for optimum VoWi-Fi quality; Disadvantages of handset roaming...
- Amp's IT director on the technology (and the pitfalls) of wireless technology. // Building Design;9/17/2004 Supplement, p23
No abstract available.
- Wireless's Dirty Little Secret. Schwartz, Ephraim // InfoWorld;5/12/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 19, p13
Focuses on the challenges faced by wide-area wireless network carriers. Limitation of the Wi-Fi standard for local wireless Ethernet; Problem with General Packet Radio Service networks; Lack of preparedness for the volumes resulting from corporate deals.