Burst Brings On The Broadband
- Bursting Into Broadband Data. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;07/10/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 28, p23
Reports on the broadband data services to be offered by Burst Wireless Inc. of Seattle, Washington using the PCS spectrum. Comments from Andy Fuertes, analyst with Allied Business Intelligence; Market of the company's technology; Management team of Burst; Expected cost of the service.
- Broadband Firm Eyes PCS For Data. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;06/26/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 26, p3
Deals with the plan of start-up Burst Wireless of Seattle to build a wireless broadband network using the 1900 megahertz personal communication system (PCS) spectrum. Comments from chairman and chief executive officer George Tronsure; Other developments in the company.
- Portable Internet to `burst' onto scene next year. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR;06/26/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 26, p38
Focuses on the plans of Burst Wireless Inc. to develop a business model that will lead to residential wireless broadband service in the United States. Features of the business model; Difference from Qualcomm's High Data Rate technology; Participation of Burst in the policy debate on...
- Bursting onto the scene. Meyers, Jason // Telephony;06/26/2000, Vol. 238 Issue 26, p18
Deals with the plan of Burst Wireless' executives to unveil a portable Internet access opportunity to laptops. Information on the company; Uses of the personal communication system spectrum; Transmission speeds that Burst plans to offer; Challenges being faced by the company.
- Broadband wireless--the dawn of a new era. Steckley, Eugene // Telecommunications - International Edition;Feb98, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p51
Focuses on the broadband wireless technological innovation in the telecommunication industry of Europe. Determination of operator's service offerings through access network technology; Delivery of higher-bandwidth services over existing copper pairs; Deployment of digital broadband wireless...
- Satellite broadband provides new option for teleworkers. Salamoff, Steve // Employee Benefit News;May2002, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p59
Focuses on the use of satellite broadband technology in facilitating teleworking in the United States. Challenges facing information technology and human resources managers in facilitating teleworking; Information on how the teleworking process works; Advantages of using satellite connectivity...
- Crossing the digital divide. Schaeffler, Jimmy // Satellite Communications;Jun2000, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p24
Focuses on broadband communication services offered to rural communities in the United States. Broadband pricing; Projected rural broadband subscriber growth by 2007; Importance of rural broadband access.
- Broadband users are gung-ho. // Credit Union Magazine;Oct2002, Vol. 68 Issue 10, p22
Studies the internet usage in the U.S. Use of broadband connections; Types of internet activities; Amount of time spent online.
- Brittany spears new network. // Voice+;Apr2000, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p12
Reports on Brittany, France's setting up of the Brittany Regional Broadband Network to provide high-speed Internet access and voice, video and data services in the area. Benefits expected from the regional network; France Telecom's involvement in the project.