3G: So, Where Does It Go From Here?
- Fontes brings passion to wireless. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;5/22/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 21, p8
The article features Brian Fontes, vice president of federal relations of Cingular Wireless LLC and inductee to the Wireless Hall of Fame sponsored by the "RCR Wireless News" periodical. Fontes was the former chief of staff of the U.S. Federal Communication Commission. It highlights the career...
- Alarm industry asks to delay analog sunset deadline. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;10/9/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 41, p20
The article reports on the suggestion of ADT Security Services Inc. to the U.S. Federal Communications Commission to delay the deadline for analog sunset service. It is said that the alarm industry lacks enough digital equipment and technicians needed to install the equipment. Brian Fontes, vice...
- NENA's Fontes to deliver keynote at RCA breakfast. // Urgent Communications Exclusive Insight;7/12/2011, p6
The article announces the selection of Brian Fontes, chief executive officer (CEO) of the National Emergency Number Association, as the keynote speaker of the Radio Club of America (RCA) breakfast on August 8, 2012.
- NENA names CEO. Jackson, Donny // Mobile Radio Technology;Jun2008, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p10
The article announces that Brian Fontes was appointed chief executive officer (CEO) of the National Emergency Number Association in the U.S.
- UWC. M.P.D. // Telecommunications - International Edition;Jun2000, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p17
Highlights the fourth annual Global Summit of the Universal Wireless Communications Consortium held from April 26-28, 2000. Attendees' preoccupation with defining business strategies for third generation (3G) services; Number of time division multiple access subscribers worldwide as of the end...
- So many decisions. Luna, Lynnette // Telephony;05/07/2001, Vol. 240 Issue 19, p18
Reports on the 2001 Universal Wireless Communications Consortium Global Summit. Theme of the event; Highlights of the summit; Its participants.
- WAP Forum predicts products for spring. Bruno, Antony // RCR;02/08/99, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p64
Details the Wireless Application Forum (WAP) meeting held in February 1999 in Dallas, Texas, focused on determining the vision of wireless communication systems industry in the United States for 2000 and the 21st century. Announcement of expanded membership; Introduction of formal...
- Learning Worldly Prepaid Lessons. Meyer, Thomas // Wireless Week;08/30/99, Vol. 5 Issue 35, p33
Discusses the status of prepaid services in the wireless communication industry of the United States (US). Primary areas that have affected the initial domestic acceptance of prepaid services; Problems that prevent the widespread domestic adoption of prepaid service; How US companies can...
- SDR Opens Up New Vistas. Blust, Stephen // Wireless Week;01/03/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p49
Stresses the potential of software-defined radio (SDR) technology in the wireless industry. How the technology works; Benefits of SDR-based handsets; Limitations of traditional radio technology.